Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye to Plusnet

goldenfibre
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Goodbye to Plusnet

I just had enough after 2 years with Plusnet on ADSL2+ and was angry after BT Openreach had emailed me to say FTTC plan for my cabinet 8 is not going ahead because of lack of power feed. So, no FTTC available. So, I had decided to join Virgin Media 126Meg Fibre Optic with a new offer deal of 12 months contract with £25.00 a month. My Plusnet service going to be cease later this month. So, I would like to say many thanks to Plusnet staffs for helpful over the last 2 years.
Great speed today with Virgin Media:

far better than ADSL2+ 15.8Mbps.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Goodbye to Plusnet

I can't blame you really - I left BE for a similar reason. They were dragging their heels about providing FTTC and it turned out I made the right choice as they were sold to Sky the next month.
The only problem I've ever had with Plusnet has been this recent price rise - not a reason for me to leave but a bit of a downer for the overall customer experience.
Fingers crossed you never have to ring VM for support - I found their service to be one of the more reliable but their customer service and technical support was nothing short of shocking at times.
acarneiro
Grafter

Well, I've left Virgin Media and wouldn't touch them again with a barge pole.
If you're a heavy downloader, good luck with your 126MBit. It works a treat.... until it gets capped to hell by their stupid traffic management policies.
Perfectly understandable thing to do, to be fair, I hope your experience with them is better than mine Smiley
goldenfibre
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

There is no STM on 126Meg now. I been downloading 150GB all weekend and the STM didn't kick in. There is report of more peoples on 120Meg had noticed there isn't any STM at all lately. I know Plusnet support are the best but I was fuming furious with BT decided not to take any FTTC in my street. Unbelieved. I cannot continue with the ADSL2+ forever because my daughter watched Netflix, other watched SkyGo and I watched HD tubes & downloading as I felt I need a biggest speed. If BT willing to activated FTTC in my area, I would staying with Plusnet but I think I stand no chance of having FTTC now. After careful considering, I had no choice but to join Virgin Media for a change.
Do u think I should staying and keep ADSL2+ back up just in case and see how it go first with Virgin Media? But, I must be mad if I paying £9.99 a month for not using it!