cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye PN and BTW

art15t
Grafter

Goodbye PN and BTW

Well just two weeks after joining PN I've had enough. To be fair the problem seems to be BTW side but all the same, three engineer visits and no further so as PN couldn't deliver what I ordered it's adiós. Hope you folks have better luck!
9 REPLIES 9
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Goodbye PN and BTW

Would help if you'd explained what the problem actually is?
TORPC
Grafter

It is no fault of PN that BTW failed to sort your issue(s) out so why penalise PN for something that is and as you have clarified is clearly BTW's fault
What makes you think that changing supplier will alleviate BTW's mistakes etc ?Huh
Melancholie
Grafter

If he's moving to Sky or TalkTalk BTW are no longer an issue.
AndyH
Grafter

That's not strictly correct...
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: art15t
... three engineer visits ...

Is that BTW or BTOR? anyway, good luck with Virgin (cable)  Roll_eyes
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
That's not strictly correct...

It is, sky and talktalk still have to deal with openreach but not BTw.  Providing is in one of their unbundled exchange areas.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Never understood any of the buck passing that goes on.
If your contract is with Plusnet and something goes wrong it's their fault, no one else's. And it's their responsibility to fix.
No one would accept buck passing on other purchases so why on earth do it here.
Plusnet even seems to encourage this which frankly is plain wrong. Their suppliers are their problem not ours.
art15t
Grafter

Like I said "To be fair to Plusnet" BUT my contract for services was with PN and they couldn't get BTW to find the fault. I was absolutely  flabbergasted that one BT/OR engineer didn't even know what Annex M was and despite all confirming no fault at my end they couldn't seem to grasp the fault lay somewhere from the DSLAM to PN's backbone. As I'll be using another ISP's LLU kit to their network just maybe I'll get back what I had before I migrated to PN. As PN said it wasn't them and it wasn't my end then go figure....spot on Melancholie!
art15t
Grafter

...and now I'm getting plusnet support emails saying:
This is a reminder about your recent request to move your phone line and call plan to another company.
We're really sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us. We're treating this as a request to end your telephone service agreement with us.
So before your telephone service moves, there are some things you may need to consider:
•  Possible cancellation costs if you're still in contract with us (hmm you broke the contract as you didn't provide the service I ordered)
•  You may need to make arrangements for your final bill to be paid and your Plusnet account to be closed (PN need make arranements to refund me for services not provided)
•  Loss of your Plusnet email address if you have one
•  Potential loss of other services you have with us such as caller display, call barring and voicemail

Please tell me this is a wind up and PN don't actually think they provide my phone line too  Shocked . I just took BB from you right and some OR joker isn't going to go to the exchange and cut me off again like they did when I joined you.