cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good evening are there any Admin online

Realblonde
Dabbler

Good evening are there any Admin online

I had my speed problem of  April mostly resolved with brilliant help from moderators on here.  I have been told that my speed could be better as it appears I may have a problem with my connection dropping intermittently.  If there are any Admin online I have been told to ask for my RADIUS logs to be posted. I must add that I am totally reliant on the knowledge of the very kind people who moderate on this forum and I am very grateful.
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Good evening are there any Admin online

Hi Realblonde,
I've just been running some tests for you and I don't see any dropping connections (see graph below) so I wonder if you're seeing dropping connections from a wireless connection?. Your profile is 5000 so the line's looking quite good as far a speed goes.
Jojo Smiley
Realblonde
Dabbler

Thanks for doing that for me Jojo. Its most likely my wireless then. I am very pleased with my speed compared to how it was a couple of months ago.  Oldjim did say something about resetting something in my posts in April but I have to confess I dont know what means. While I have your attention I would just llke to say that the customer service I have experienced from Plusnet is the best I have had in all my years on the internet.
Karen x
pierre_pierre
Grafter

are you refering to this/
Quote from: Oldjim
The FEC errors are corrected errors (FEC - Forward Error Connection) and nothing to worry about.
Leave everything alone until after the Bank Holiday and assuming there are no disconnections or problems ask for a line reset
Realblonde
Dabbler

Yes, i think i am. There is mention of SN Margin being 6 o r9 db. Here are my latest stats

Link Information
Uptime: 4 days, 23:00:22
DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 6,432
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 1.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 11.5 / 19.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 24.0 / 38.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 24.0 / 9.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ALCB
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 23 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 2 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0