Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good download/upload speeds but high ping in game, need help

ozimsdz
Dabbler

Good download/upload speeds but high ping in game, need help

Hi there

I'm new customer of PN and never bothered about ping in game (CS:GO) until now. My connection keeps dropping out and my ping is very erratic during gaming. I get ping spikes and only reboot router helps to bring back ping to level 60-70ms however after few minutes ping jumps to 1000ms again. I've had pro addon turned on but I didn't feel any diffrence. I believe you put me on a gaming profile (fastpath)? Would it please be possible to do this? That's may help.

Edit: I'm connected wired, there is no problem with my device at all, done a lot of ping and traceroute tests and all seems fine.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
30 REPLIES 30
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Good download/upload speeds but high ping in game, need help

Hi there, welcome to the community Smiley

I can see the drops in your connection were due to an incorrect setting on your line (SNR was set too low). This has now been amended and can see the line has remained stable. However please continue to monitor and let us now if you have further issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
ozimsdz
Dabbler

Good Morning,

Thank you for your prompt reply and action. Much appreciated.

I'll keep an eye on my connection as I've been advised that my line was reset and 

As part of resetting your line, this also starts a fresh "training period" on the line.

Many thanks once again and fingers crossed.

Regards

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Great Smiley

Let us know how you get on!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
ozimsdz
Dabbler

Hi LaurenB

After a week of keeping an eye on internet connection it seems to keep disconnecting a lot of times during Xmas.

Would you mind to have another look at my line and see if there is everything alright at your end?

I'd be really grateful.

Kind Regards

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @ozimsdz tests are not detecting any issues but I can see the drops were quite bad over Xmas. image15144730757093

Can you confirm if the router is still in the test socket? Is the router positioned near anything electrical that may cause interference (for eg, Christmas lights or electrical appliances)?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
ozimsdz
Dabbler

Hi @LaurenB

Router is still connected to the test socket. There is only telephone connected next to it and powerline adapter.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I've reported a fault through to our suppliers now to further investigate.
We'll be in touch when we've got more info.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ozimsdz
Dabbler

Hello

I've checked my line over the weekend and there is no noice at all, line seems to be cleared and working great.

However the issue with rebooting router or drops connection still occur. I've also checked internet connection in game- the same issue. High ping spikes every minute or so and very unstable internet which makes game unplayable.

Can you please have another look at my line? Maybe there is some problems with exchange. I'm also planning move router to my room- this means that router will not be connected to test socket.

Hope we can figure something out.

Kind Regards

ozimsdz
Dabbler

Hi

Any updates in this matter?

ozimsdz
Dabbler

?????????

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Excessive use of emoticons edited as per Forum Rules.

ozimsdz
Dabbler

notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Could we see a Radius log for the january period upto present?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Apologies for the delayed response.

I've attached a graph of your connection below

With regards to the pings you've carried out can you carry them out to a different server?

Google rate limit ping traffic so they aren't the best website to ping.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team