Re: Gone downhill the past 2 weeks

Cant find our exchange on it...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I've had a look at your connection and 21CN isn't available to you yet, so not to sure why the engineer advised that?
Keep an eye on http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome as this will keep you informed on when it will be available.
I've checked for an update on your fault and this should be resolved by tomorrow for you, we'll update your ticket as soon as we get any information.

rookey
Grafter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your update and hope we can resolve this issue.  Could you not kindly send me a new router free of charge to see if this is another problem as there is nothing much else we can do.
Unless Plus net can crank up the ping data etc for me and not limited it?
Also there a ticket asking someone to look into if there any movement on deal
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rookey,
As this is currently being investigated as a phone fault we'd not be investigating possible issues with the broadband hardware at this stage, though of course if the phone fault is fixed and the broadband issues are still happening then we'll investigate further.
Regarding the ticket I've just nudged the agent who's looking after it, there should be a reply on there shortly.
rookey
Grafter

Phone Line fault has been fixed now but my connection is still slow as a snail it takes a while to load up this forum..
I am wondering if i have a router problem. I am going to turn the router off at the main for an hours and turn it back on see if this makes a difference
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The line will be slow for a couple of days, the line profile has dropped due to the interference from the noise of the phone fault. Now that's gone it should pick up speed again automatically, if it hasn't done this after the weekend we'll take a look and either reset the line to allow it to retrain or look into a possible broadband fault depending on whether there have been any drops.
rookey
Grafter

Hi,
Thank you for this information we let it bed in over the weekend and hope for the best the problem been resolved.  You any idea what the fault was please?
rookey
Grafter

Cant believe it I was soo Happy up till around 8.30 this morning I was on the internet this morning at 6am and was amaze how fast I was able to browse and now it back to square one a SNAIL what happening please there some problems somewhere on my account I think I have traffic manage on it or something
rookey
Grafter

I just cant believe it.. COME ON PLUS NET sort it there something at your end making my speed slow SURELY if it can be fast at 6am and it was great before I went to bed too.
NOW IT SLOW. SORT IT
AndyH
Grafter

What speed are you synched at currently?
rookey
Grafter

You mean this on the router
Actual Speed [Mbps]: 52
This was at 130 late last night
rookey
Grafter

When I do speed test it looks good for what I can get but what confuse me where browsing ie this forum like a snail.. When i was very quick at 6 this morning and lastnight.
rookey
Grafter

This changing server to Sheffield which is nearest to me
AndyH
Grafter

Is there no way you can connect you Mac via an ethernet cable to the router?
Seems strange that speed tests look ok, but you are having problems with browsing sites.
Speed tests to London will give you your quickest downloads/pings because of where PN's gateways are located.
Edit: Have you tried clearing your browser cache? You're using PN's DNS servers?
rookey
Grafter

If I really had to it be a long haul but it the wifi I want to get working right.  Like I say it a bit odd that it fast at 6am and 10pm as that when it improved at 10pm lastnight for the first time I just thought he router started to bed in since my line fault been corrected.  Looked at 6am and was very happy i though yes we done it.  and now it Slow.  Something not right somewhere I honest think Plusnet got something set on my account to slow it?  Or is that not right since the speed test are good?