cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going travelling - can I suspend the contract?

pedshed

Going travelling - can I suspend the contract?

Hi,
I have been a PlusNet customer for a number of years and took out a 2 year contract when I moved into a new property in February. I am now going travelling for a couple of months, and I don't know yet where I'm going to be living when I return.
I understand that I can't cancel my contract without incurring a charge, so I would like to suspend my contract while I am away, and continue it when I return in a couple of months and I know where I'll be living.
Am I able to suspend my contract for about 2months? If not, what other options are available? As I say, I don't know where I'm going to be living until I get back.
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Paul
1 REPLY 1
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Going travelling - can I suspend the contract?

By signing a contract you have agreed to take (and pay for service) for two years.  Plusnet are extremely unlikely to temporarily release you from the obligations of your contract.
Depending on the product you have, there *may* be the ability to downgrade in order to minimise your spend while you're away though, frankly, for the sake of two months it's not worth the bother.  When you return you'll need to contact the house move team in order to transfer your connection to your new property (assuming that you're in a position to leave the connection in your existing property while you travel).  If you're  vacating the current property and someone else is moving in then you have little option but to cancel and pay the early termination fees.