cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glastonbury SeeTickets - Issues with PlusNet?

JamesU2002
Grafter

Glastonbury SeeTickets - Issues with PlusNet?

Anyone here try to book tickets to Glastonbury and had major issues with the page even loading?
Still now http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/ does not work, despite it being sold out.
Using my O2 3G connection the site loads fine.
Apparently on forums, all those on Plusnet had major issues even loading the queue page.
Are SeeTickets blocking Plusnet IP's?
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Glastonbury SeeTickets - Issues with PlusNet?

It's far far far more likely to be the huge demand the site was under. I believe the tickets sold out in a new record time today? I've got some friends who were also trying to get tickets on other ISPs and had exactly the same issues. (the site does load for me on a Plusnet connection now).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Glastonbury SeeTickets - Issues with PlusNet?

Are SeeTickets blocking Plusnet IP's?

Nope, I know people using Plusnet connections who secured tickets (my party included).
Quote from: JamesU2002
Apparently on forums, all those on Plusnet had major issues even loading the queue page.

Happens every year and it's not Plusnet dependent. This is a good thread to read through for evidence of that.
Personally, I found it a lot more painful this year compared to last. This was compounded by the problems See had at their side early on. Initially I kept on getting pushed out to the redirect page with the Twitter stream (meaning I then had to amend the URL in the address bar before refreshing). After that, I was able to hit the holding page /fairly/ consistently all things considered. In fact force refreshes were reloading it almost instantaneously which gave me the impression it wasn't really trying Undecided
I think See may have tried doing things a little differently and may have been throttling connections to some degree but I don't reckon there's much truth in the accusation that they were explicitly blocking IP ranges.
I noticed a few people reporting greater success rates on mobile networks but again that wasn't specific to Plusnet. I wonder if it's something to do with the transparent proxies mobile providers tend to use?
I take it you weren't one of the lucky ones then?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵