Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting tired of this

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Getting tired of this

We've passed it back to our suppliers so they can investigate further.

It may require another engineer visit I'm afraid.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
higgy1981
Rising Star

I'll be plugging in my own router tonight. To rule out the Plusnet router.....hopefully

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@higgy1981 - You should have checked with your non-PN router before making your last few posts.
higgy1981
Rising Star

I now have no broadband whatsoever.

Whatever you did at around 0130 can you reverse it please? An intermittent connection is better than NO connection.

This isn't even funny 😭
sacha100
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I feel for you, but they may be doing things at the Openreach exchange at the request of PN, your problem could be a number of things that are causing the problems. 

higgy1981
Rising Star

My password had changed believe it or not!

At 0130 my router changed its own password. I have logged in and put my actual password back in, VOILA!

Very odd

sacha100
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Never had anything like that happen, are you on the PN router or your own, as it should like something is breaking down, that is unless your setup has been compromised and someone is having games with you.

higgy1981
Rising Star

I'm certain no one is logging in and changing the password. I'm sure the Plusnet router is auto setup, so i presume that someone at Plusnet/Openreach can test it/change it remotely, maybe thats what happened and they forgot to put it back?

Who knows, i have tinternet though. My SKY Q works, my heating is back on and Alexa is playing songs to me Cheesy

higgy1981
Rising Star

Was really bad last night, dropped every 5 mins or so.

So frustrating. There are so many threads on the same thing i wonder if somethings up at the other end (the PlusNet end).

Anyhoo, i await some sort of update on my second engineer visit!! Although im sure he'll plug into the test socket and tell me everything is fine.....again

higgy1981
Rising Star

Two weeks now since the start of my issues. Another 48 hours of radio silence from Plusnet.

Really shocking 'service' !

higgy1981
Rising Star

I have added information to my ticket. I'm sick of waiting.

Can someone please reply and let me know the cost of getting out of this contract (debacle!)

niallcampbell
Grafter

Hope something gets resolved - it maybe the PN should look at their end too, yes, the line test maybe fine but is that measuring the server and its response - suspect maybe IP conflict somewhere, too much traffic ... ? Here appear to be a lot of threads about this intermittent drop/s in connection

higgy1981
Rising Star

I'm tired of waiting. I joined a new ISP yesterday.

Double the price but like most people, a broadband connection is very important in the home, so I'm happy to pay for it.