cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting real tired of your [censored] Openreach...

gnicholson8
Grafter

Getting real tired of your [censored] Openreach...

So please tell me I am not the only one.
After problems with my previous ISP (installing a fibre/phone line) and the Engineers not showing up and the ISP's not believing me or telling me it'll be two months before they're back out to install it I decided to come back to Plus.net. I used them previously and they were fantastic.
Please, This isn't against plus.net, I know they're limited to what they can do, but Openreach on the other hand. as far as I am concerned they can burn in hell.
So, with my previous ISP I had an engineer booked. He never showed up and left the report "couldn't gain access to the house, exterior work done"
Rebooked and changed my ISP to plus.net. Engineer arrives today to do the work. No exterior work has been done but what has happened, is the line to my house had been cut. Apparently he can't fix this so I have to wait for them to come back again.
So how can Openreach keep doing this, not turning up or not actually doing the work when they do turn up. I have been without a phone or net line for months, I've taken time of work, over and over and not being able to work from home means I am haemorrhaging money.
Without using Ofcom (which seems useless) Who the hell can I complain about Openreach too or get this fixed. they seem to be a law upon themselves.
adie:red removed avoidance of swear filter.
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting real tired of your s**t Openreach...

gnicholson8
Grafter

Cheers, I just did the watchdog thing but that E-mail at BT is amazing. Thank you.
adie:quote
Anonymous
Not applicable

@'gnicholson8'

Welcome to the forum !  Cool
Anonymous
Not applicable

This webpage looks useful too  -  http://openreachengineer.com/complaints-bt/  Wink
Anonymous
Not applicable

gnicholson8
Grafter

Right, apparently Openreach won't deal with me directly 😕 What a surprise.
The E-mail address on the link above is for BT customers only. Technically I am "not" a BT customer so they won't deal with it.
It seems whatever you do you're at the mercy of BT openreach, I predict I am looking at another eight weeks without phone/net.
I hope Openreach burns in hell.
dick:quote
nimzoking64
Dabbler

Re: Getting real tired of your [censored] Openreach...

To inject some balance here ....
I have had to wait 6 days for a visit from Openreach - they did turn up prior to their designated "fix time" - it was PN who took 2 days to log a call with them, so can't blame Openreach for that.
The guy who turned up was a breath of fresh air.  Very friendly, very professional could not do more for us.  Explained everything that he was doing, as I am a nosy bugger being IT oriented, he explained all the faults and what needed doing.  Basically, needing a rewire from the junction box outside to a new box inside.  He did say that the last engineer should have done this when the fibre was installed - but way-hay!!
Just wanted to let people know that there are some good engineers out there.
However, I do know from past experience that Openreach can be a tad challenging ..... and it is not just in residential lines either, we had a nightmare time with the installation of a new circuit in Manchester. So I am sympathetic  Smiley
nimzoking64
Dabbler

hmm, I am old fashioned as well, and in my day there was nowt wrong with being a
"nosy"
"bugger"
Wonder if that makes it past the police ......
jim:red No it doesn't mod:end
gnicholson8
Grafter

Well, some good news.
Thanks to Plusnet and my E-mails to both the Chief Executive and the Managing Director Sales and Customer Experience got the ball rolling.
Openreach originally wanted to complete my Install on the 12th December, over 35 days from when it was suppose to be installed. Now it's being installed on the 12th November.
A week late but not too bad...
nimzoking64
Dabbler

Quote from: nimzoking64

Wonder if that makes it past the police ......
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  No it doesn't ]

And there lies the problem with PC - a simple word which has had it's meaning turned from the original colloquial sense
A term so inoffensive that there is a series of professional teaching manuals with titles that start "Getting the little bug***s to...", one of which has sold 120,000 copies worldwide .... contains an offensive world censored by the moderators of PN ...(Sorry folks, had to self censor one of the words do not want to upset the PC brigade ....)
So all I can say I guess is ..... ai pinis bagarap
godsell4
Rising Star

Quote from: nimzoking64
Just wanted to let people know that there are some good engineers out there.

Yes there are, when you find one, do tell them they are appreciated to encourage them to stay that way!
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
nis999

Just to add my own comment about Open Reach (and I am not in telecoms), We have been waiting 14 days for our landline after moving house, and the fibre (connected 4 days ago) was very slow (1mbps). My Internet connection went off this afternoon, Open Reach turned up an hour ago and said "I've just sorted your phone line". When I told him about the Fibre going off, he said he hadn't worked on the Fibre box, and Fibre wasn't even on his listing for our property, but he could not have been more helpful- although it wasn't on his job sheet he spent another half hour out in the pouring rain fixing it, came back in the house and tested the line and we've now got 65Mbps. Hats off to the man, he was brilliant.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@gnicholson8
Sorry for the delay, everything's booked in for you tomorrow. Let us know how you get on.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Yeah, it went on REALLY WELL....

NOT.. third time lucky, No, not really.
Basically my last appointment ended with them needing a "hoist" to get up the pole. So now the engineer arrived and he was
1 - Not aware of any problems with the line or with it being disconnected.
2 - Not aware of the hoist being required
3 - Hoist not arranged, booked or apparently even required
So now as the hoist is needed and wasn't even booked I now have to wait for them to "TEST" the pole so they can go up the pole to connect my line. THEN they have to rebook the engineer to come back and connect my line.
This is getting really [BEEPING] ridiculous. Whilst I know it isn't plus.nets fault having to wait 24-48 hours every time JUST to be told what I've already been told by an engineer and even to get an update on the order is annoying me to no end.
I JUST WANT MY BLOODY INTERNET.