cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting over 30000 RX CRC errors in 30 mins. NOW SOLVED!

MrToOL

Getting over 30000 RX CRC errors in 30 mins. NOW SOLVED!

NOW SOLVED, I've got the line going straight into the wall box so it must have been a duff filter.
Hi, my ADSL went down about an hour a go so, I rebooted my Draytek 2710n router and am now getting a ridiculous amount of ADSL RX CRC errors - over 30000 in 30 mins!
Just phoned Plusnet and the dude in support suggested I talk to someone in the forum to get this sorted as he really didn't have a clue what I was on about.
My line has always been noisy and rather flakey, I've had two replacement wall sockets (now have a BT Mk3 with filter).  BT also did something to a box ouside my flat which improved things
Anyway, any ideas on whats going on would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Getting over 30000 RX CRC errors in 30 mins!

You are not the only one to have experienced huge downstream CRC errors - in my case they just happened (on 2 separate occasions), the cause was never established, and they eventually stopped, apparently without any intervention or repair.
If your phone line is still noisy you will continue to have problems with your connection - you need to get that sorted out by whoever you pay your line rental to (it it's not PlusNet the usual advice is to not mention your broadband fault to avoid the provider trying to pass the buck to PlusNet.)
Edit - that was quick!  Cheesy
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Getting over 30000 RX CRC errors in 30 mins. NOW SOLVED!

Quote from: MrToOL
Just phoned Plusnet and the dude in support suggested I talk to someone in the forum to get this sorted as he really didn't have a clue what I was on about.

@CRT,
May I suggest that this phone call needs review?  Passing users to the forum is not what I'd call a "normal" CSC response.

@MtToOL,
Welcome to the forums.  Given the way you describe the problem, I rather doubt that this is "fixed".  Line noise can come and go.  There can be more than one issue on a line, but an engineer can only fix the problems present when they visit.
When you say that you are plugged DIRECTLING INTO THE SOCKET exactly what do you mean?  You need to be plugged in via a filter, either a "rat's tail" (or dangerly) filter or one which is part of the phone socket's data port on a service specific face plate.
Dial 17070 option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the master socket.  Listen to the line, it ought to be near silent.  Do it periodically.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Getting over 30000 RX CRC errors in 30 mins. NOW SOLVED!

Hi MrToOL.
Can you please explain exactly how you are plugged "straight into the wall box" as requested by Townman, but also how you normally connect - are you using any extension phone or router leads to the Mk3 socket?