cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting cut off from TECH Support line - 4 times today after waiting in the queue for 15 mins each

tigernet

Getting cut off from TECH Support line - 4 times today after waiting in the queue for 15 mins each

Broadband loses connection (exchange sync) every 5 mins.  Have been trying to get hold of support on the 0800 4320200 number all day but they never answer.  Have waited in queue at least 3 times for over 15 mins and then they just cut you off .

Does anyone know of another way to conatct support that doesnt get cut off?

9 REPLIES 9
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Getting cut off from TECH Support line - 4 times today after waiting in the queue for 15 mins ea

Hi tigernet , welcome to the Plusnet forum Smiley

Wait times have been constantly averaging over 30 mins to speak to PN. Today average wait time is 47 mins.
You can see PN live call stats here : http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212

You could give chat a try: https://www.plus.net/help/chat/

But again you will likely have to wait .

Kind regards
Mike 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tigernet

Re: Getting cut off from TECH Support line - 4 times today after waiting in the queue for 15 mins ea

Thanks.  I was happy to wait but my issue is that I was getting cut off every time after 15 mins.

I am waiting for Chat as we speak.  Its been some 30 mins already. 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If your connection is having problems you don't need to call or chat, you can troubleshoot your issues online and report a fault directly there. I can see we've arranged an engineer appointment now but for future reference the troubleshooting can be found here http://goo.gl/TjNypA

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tigernet

Thansk but they are the most simplistic and basic troubleshooting tips ever.  I am a network engineer and I've been selling and supporting broadband for over 15 years.  I think I know how to diagnose an issue.

As stated everytime, the issue is that PLusnet cut you off after seemingly 15 mins so you can never get through if there are long wait times.  It needs fixing.

Very poor but seeminly usual from all the other upset clients

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

If the troubleshooting hasn't helped, I'd recommend raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net

Once you've done this, please let us know and we'll make sure that with the right team for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tigernet

That link does not work, tried it before and again today so couldn't even log.  You get thus error

Broadband Troubleshooter - Error

There's been a problem

Please try using the Broadband Troubleshooter again in a short while. If you continue to have problems please contact our Support Team for help.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Ring and take the cancellations option. That will get you talking to someone quickly.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I can see an engineer is booked in for next week, let us know how it goes.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@tigernet wrote:

That link does not work, tried it before and again today so couldn't even log.

Sorry, I'd not seen you'd already raised a fault on your account when I responded on the 29th.

Having double checked this, I can see you raised a fault on the 28th and we responded later that day confirming an engineer appointment for you.

You can view this on the ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet