Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting back on ADSL2+

spark119
Dabbler

Getting back on ADSL2+

Hello

I have had a very stable connection over many days with a download speed of 17Mbps so i assume i was on ADSL2+ as the router showed the 992.5 standard After some unfortunate disconnections while re-organising the room the router is in it has reconnected but the speed has dropped to 6mbps and the standard now reads 992.1. S/N ratio is also high at 8/15.3 it normally sits at something like 3/8 which i am aware is low but it seems to work. My IP profile from the BT speed test is 7.17 it is normally 17 or higher

The question is how do i get it back up to its previous speed ?

Thanks

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Getting back on ADSL2+

I'm just running a few tests on your line.

[edit]

Can you try retesting the speed now?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
spark119
Dabbler

Hi Matthew 

Thamks for checking speed test results are still showing 7 but router now reports a 992.5 connection 

with a bandwidth of 1.2 up and 21.2 down which is back to what it was. 

Can you post a radius graph as I think it was connected for a long time before the recent problems and  I am wondering how long it was.

Thanks

Mark

spark119
Dabbler

Still only getting 7 Mbps yet synced at 21.2 I have tried to do a bit wholesale test but it keeps failing the further diagnostics so I can't get the IP profile.

any ideas

Thanks 

Mark

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there,

I can confirm you're still provisioned on ADSL2+, and your router is in sync at 21 Mbps.

Downstream Link Info

Loop Loss SNR Margin Errored Seconds Hec Errors Cell Count Speed
21 3.1 0 N/A 150043 21243

Here's a copy of your radius graph. A bit choppy on Tuesday but pretty stable since then.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection? Can you also try a reboot of your router as well please?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button