Did you mean: 

Getting a MAC from BT

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Getting a MAC from BT

Hi
I'm trying to get my inlaws to switch from BT to Plusnet, and I need to tell them exactly what to do, and what info they require.  Can anyone give me any advice to help them get their MAC?  If I remember correctly they don't know their username, and it's not required in their router to connect.
Many thanks
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

2 REPLIES 2
Mand
Grafter

Re: Getting a MAC from BT

Hi there,
Basic DPA checks should be enough to speak to BT about the account (usually payment details and such are requested if you don't have the account info).
All they need to do is ask for a MAC code. Any ISP has to supply this within 5 working days. Once they have it sign up an account with us and let us know what it is. Smiley
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Getting a MAC from BT

Thanks Mand.
I'm giving her a call at lunchtime, so hopfully they will have asked for their mac sometime this afternoon.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.