cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Broadband Issues Monday 28 October 2013?

Denzo
Grafter
Fixes: 1

General Broadband Issues Monday 28 October 2013?

Has there been a general announcement from PlusNet as there seems to be quite a number of users (including me) who experienced loss of internet (FTTC) yesterday evening, 28 October 2013.
What happened to the network, systems, BT etc .... ?Huh
I lost connection and had to power off my modem and router and rebooted both, once this was complete i managed to sync at a very much lower speed than before  Sad ... what caused this?
I have raised a ticket as I would like to be synched back at 65MB download like before the outage yesterday.
How does DLM control my line sync speed to guarantee that i receive the fastest possible download speeds for my line?
Can Plusnet restart my 10-day 'learning period' in order to re-sync and reset my IP Profile to 72MB download?
Please can you help ....
Thank You
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: General Broadband Issues Monday 28 October 2013?

Hi Denzo,
We did post on our service status, this is still under investigation to the exact cause of it.
You be best to try a reboot of your modem to see if that improves your sync speed first, the DLM hasn't changed your profile so isn't restricting your speeds.
Denzo
Grafter

Thanks Chris,
I will reboot modem again .. I was concerned that re-booting the modem would affect line speed and ip profile speed.
How would my profile change to faster download speeds? by DLM? .... or by plusnet changing some settings?
Thanks
Denzo
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There's nothing that needs changing, it's purely your sync speed that is lower than previously.
A one off reboot shouldn't have any negative effect on your line, it's when this happens regularly.