cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway Packet drops higher than normal?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Gateway Packet drops higher than normal?

Quote from: ASBO
the map pack download and a streaming video from the inside xbox section comes back as 0x60.
which class is 0x60?

Gold, although this tends to be the queue the download sites/servers and things like that go into. It does also contain some streaming.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scootie
Grafter

sry 4 digging this theard up again. related to the the last 4 posts of this theard.
i have a question about the streaming video side of the xbox. i have noticed that during peak times it will take around 30secs- to over a minute sometimes to buffer the video from the dashboard and will have maybe 3-4 times when it has to buffer mid video. yet as soon as midnight passes they will load within 10 secs and play with out pauses.
Is this due to the streaming side being in the 0x60 protiy?.
i can understand the game demos downloads having a lower priotiy but would of thought the streaming side would be off the same proity as bbc iplayer ect
James
Grafter

Hi,
Have you managed to run a wireshark capture whilst streaming on XBL?
Does that show as 0x60?
scootie
Grafter

the map pack download and a streaming video from the inside xbox section comes back as 0x60.
which class is 0x60?
as that is not on the wireshark page.

Quote from: Bob
which class is 0x60?

Gold, although this tends to be the queue the download sites/servers and things like that go into. It does also contain some streaming.

yep both streaming and a map pack download came back as being 0x60. and with the buffering issues on streaming i see when rate limits are appled to not geting any issues when rate limits are not appled.
i thought the cause could be to do with the streaming side being in the queue bob talks about.
not a big problem or anything but just thought i would bring it up.