cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming problems, is it down to my Internet or is it down to the 2704n router

alexemmaburns
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Gaming problems, is it down to my Internet or is it down to the 2704n router

I'll post again since my last one posted without an issue.

Hi @Anotherone firstly my apologies for not being around my life has been hectic I haven't been able to spend time with this issue and haven't been on my Xbox.  Plus I was quite irritated with my last response from plusnet, they completely ignored the part about the engineer looking at the exchange, in fact they pretty much ignored most of my last message, they have asked me to phone them when I am having no dial tone issues, suely even the dimest of customer service agents could tell this would be impossible?? Also my issue with phone lasts about 2 to 10 minutes at a time, bearing in mind calling plusnet customer services takes between 30 mins and an hour to get through to them..  Anyway here is there response.

KBD

xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID: CBUK96445869 Service ID: BBEU19594224
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 27-04-2016 12:25:01
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: Unknown Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 13.6 26.0
SNR Margin: 6.0 9.0
Errored Seconds: 18 3
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 24002 52167
Speed: 968 13932

Summary

No fault was found after automated testing.
A trouble report can still be raised if the End User is certain a fault exists.

No fault being found on the phone line.

Testing needs to be carried out when the phone line is non functional with the phone on its own in the test socket and no other equipment connected.

Moving to ticket to phone faults as the phone issue needs to be address first before any further broadband investigation is carried out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr BURNS,

Thank you for getting in back to us.

At this point the best course of action is to ignore the issues with the broadband until the issues relating to the phone are resolved.

The broadband is reliant on a work phone line if the line keeps dropping this more then likely is the source of all the broadband related issues.

On testing today we are not picking up any issues with the line in order to proceed we need to be testing when the line is not working.

Next time your phone line drops move the phone on its own to the test socket with no other equipment or extensions connected and call us right away.

With the equipment connected this way we can then test the line and see if the issue is being picked up. If not then we would need to proceed with booking a phone engineer and not a broadband engineer.

Once the phone line is stable we can then review the broadband further.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Gaming problems, is it down to my Internet or is it down to the 2704n router

I've raised the issue about the missing posts.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Missing posts were marked as Spam so have rectified that and removed the duplicate post.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anotherone
Champion

Thanks Mav, we'll have to pursue the current ridiculousness of this filter.

alexemmaburns
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks @Mav that's very much appreciated Smiley

Anotherone
Champion

Any idea how much the Phone and/or Broadband has been dropping over the last couple of weeks?
Is the Gaming performance any better at all!