cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game - Wildstar - Is this on your "game priority list"?

Piersoushi

Game - Wildstar - Is this on your "game priority list"?

Hi,
I've been playing the game Wildstar recently and recently read that you have a priority list of games that should gain priority over VoIP and Streaming and just wanted to see if Wildstar was on this list as it's not a huge title that everyone is playing.
When the other half gets in and watches the dreaded catchup and Skypes people I'm doomed and get all twitchy!  Grin
If you need any further information I'm willing to provide this.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Game - Wildstar - Is this on your "game priority list"?

The game priority list is just to make sure the game is in the correct traffic priority and not in say bronze when it should be gold or platinum.  As it is gaming voip and streaming all are in the same traffic queues.
What is happening more likely, is that you have a slow ADSL connection and someone watches streams as well as you gaming it won't help.  When your other half watches a stream that uses all the bandwidth of you connection, so you simply have no spare bandwidth and will get lag while gaming.
So gaming and anyone else on the same connection watching youtube/Iplayer/netflix if your connection speed is lower than 8mb will make you lag.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Game - Wildstar - Is this on your "game priority list"?

I've just had a look over your line to see if we could help make any improvements but it's looking pretty good and stable for the length of line. It's likely to simply be that your line can't handle the streaming and gaming on top as it's only at around 4.2Mbps.
Not sure if you're aware but Fibre is available to you now, check dslchecker.bt.com for the estimated speeds (they're pretty good).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.