cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 losing internet connection.

FastPat27

Galaxy S3 losing internet connection.

Hi all,
I keep having problems with my Galaxy S3 losing internet connection but at the same time I'm still connected to my home network. The only way I seem to get connected again is if I disconnect all other connections and re-start the router.
Netgear Router WNR1000.
Laptop wireless
desktop wired
Netgear Nas wired
Technicolor router wired (as an extender)
Thanks
FP
6 REPLIES 6
Finguz
Grafter

Re: Galaxy S3 losing internet connection.

Very odd...
I have a Note 2 and my GF has an S3.
Both connect and stay connected to our TG582n with no problems, despite all the claims about it's dire wifi performance.
Both phones are running Android 4.1.2 and the TG582n is running firmware version 8.C.M.0., connected to our Unlimited Fibre connection.
adagio
Grafter

I too have WNR1000
Wired desktop
Wife's wireless laptop
iPad
Samsung S3
The latter has never had any problem connecting or reconnecting when been away and return home.
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi,
Sorry to see the issues with the connection dropping. One thing comes to mind that might be causing issues.
You mentioned you have a 2nd router wired up as an extender. If this router is still acting as a router it may be routing the S3s data through the ADSL port that is not plugged in.
Could you try disconnecting the 2nd router from the network and see if this makes any difference?
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

There was a known issue with the S3 relating too WiFi, something to do with power saving iirc, don't know if it got fixed with updates but there workarounds doing the rounds..
Can't remember the exact details, but a look on xda or Google search should find them.
TBag
Grafter

Quote from: DaveyH
There was a known issue with the S3 relating too WiFi, something to do with power saving iirc, don't know if it got fixed with updates but there workarounds doing the rounds..
Can't remember the exact details, but a look on xda or Google search should find them.

Could it be this?
ctech500
Grafter

I had the exact same problem the other day, restarting the router seemed to fix the issue.
you could also try Wifi Analyzer from the app store and check signal strength conflicting channels etc