cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated having to check my usage all the time

Chevyguy

Frustrated having to check my usage all the time

I have a usage limit of only 10GB per month and although all last year my usage never went over 10GB this year it has changed and i can't understand why as my online activity has not changed?
Seems as if they have speeded up my usage rate so i go over my 10GB limit  Sad
I have to constantly monitor my usage every few hours when i get over 9GB so i don't  go over 10GB and get billed for extra a i am on a pension and can't afford extra Sad such a pain  Cry
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Frustrated having to check my usage all the time

Set your extra spend to zero and then when you hit your limit there won't be a charge but your speeds will be restricted to 256kbps which will still allow normal browsing and email but not streaming etc.
https://www.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/
Chevyguy

Quote from: Oldjim
Set your extra spend to zero and then when you hit your limit there won't be a charge but your speeds will be restricted to 256kbps which will still allow normal browsing and email but not streaming etc.

Thanks
Was told that they still take £5.00 automatically even if you set it at 0 but don't take anymore than that ? scared to let it go over now so i check every hour after 9 GB ?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Chevyguy,
It might be worth moving onto our Unlimited broadband product. If you were to bring your telephone service over, I'm sure we'd be able to get something sorted out for you.
Chevyguy

Quote from: Chris
Hi Chevyguy,
It might be worth moving onto our Unlimited broadband product. If you were to bring your telephone service over, I'm sure we'd be able to get something sorted out for you.

Can't do that as my Bt line is paid in advance which saves me a lot of money as it reduces the line rental to £11.49 a month which is way below plusnet line rental charge.
The charge for going over your Limit is not clear, sure this is done on purpose  Sad
Have one day to go and on 9.45GB so now have to change to my mobile internet for a day grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Chevyguy
Quote from: Oldjim

Thanks
Was told that they still take £5.00 automatically even if you set it at 0 but don't take anymore than that ? scared to let it go over now so i check every hour after 9 GB ?
That is a load of rubbish
If you set it to zero then they won't take anything
I used to be on Essentials and that is what I had mine set at
Chevyguy

Well plusnet just replied on forum but did not confirm that there is no charge ?
jim:quote
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you set extra spend to 0 then you won't be charged when you reach 10GB. The VMBU tool isn't real-time, so checking it regularly doesn't mean you won't go over your usage.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chevyguy

Yes do understand there is about a 2 hour delay on usage I take that into account.
I normal stop using plusnet at about 9.50 GB as like now i am on my mobile internet till tomorrow when i get my 10GB back just so i don't get charged extra.
Thanks for advice, Thank God for mobile internet
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I pay my line saver in advance with PN and it equates to £11.49pm.
As Chris said when your BT line is up ring PN and ask what deal they will do you if you move your phone to them . Always worth the call.
Chevyguy

Thanks Mayfly i'll give it some thought  Undecided  grrrr lol mobile internet is so slow grrrr still only till tomorrow  Sad
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

What about considering on going to a unlimited package?
Or move to TalkTalk where it is cheaper
Another alternative is switch the broadband to your phone provider (BT)
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up