cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From fiber active cabinet to BT engineer arriving

Tensulp
Grafter

From fiber active cabinet to BT engineer arriving

My local exchange and cabinet are "supposed" to be enable at the end of the month *ducks for low flying pig*. How long from it being active will it take before a BT engineer arrives at my property, assuming I could place an order for fibre at the beginning of November? I'm not being greedy, I need to organise some other building work around the BT guy. Just wondered what others had experienced.
9 REPLIES 9
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: From fiber active cabinet to BT engineer arriving

Hi Tensulp,
From our point of view it depends on engineer availability in the area, I'd hope we could get an engineer visit booked in around 7 days from when the order is placed but it could well be longer, especially if there's an initial surge of orders (as is often the case when fibre becomes available in a new area).
Tensulp
Grafter

Thanks for the reply, just out of interest does the exchange/cabinet active date always go live at the end of a month. It's always said then end of the month before and then it usual get pushed on another 3 months(last time it was only pushed 1 month).
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

From what we've seen, if the date is the end of a month it's usually a holding date and likely to be moved I'm afraid. I'd hope given what you've said with the 3 months becoming 1 month that it'll not be too much longer but I'm afraid we're not able to give any specific dates as we don't have them 😕
Tensulp
Grafter

The cabinet went live this morning Smiley
@ Matt taylor - I have put my order in and I was given the option of dates on the 7th,8th and 11th on November. Given I am trying to fit this installtion in before other building work is it possible that the fibre installtion could be moved forward, or will it have to be one of these dates. I may need to push the other builders back depending on exactly when the engineer can come so I am just trying to find the earliest date so I can let the other builders know the timescale.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've managed to get you the 30th October 1pm-6pm, does that work for you?
Tensulp
Grafter

Yes chris that will be fine, thanks for moving this for me. I also had a ticket open (#75704544) regarding moving the date, plus some other questions. Just letting you know so that it doesn't get moved twice.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It won't get moved, we'll pick that ticket up too as it's got a few questions on.
Tensulp
Grafter

Can I get the date for the BT install confirmed as the reply from Chris on the forum says "I've managed to get you the 30th October 1pm-6pm" but the ticket I have open for this says 31st October 1pm-6pm (#76182271). Either is fine, just wanted to make sure I knew which day.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Looks like it was a typo.
I've checked on our suppliers systems and I can confirm its booked for the 30th between 1pm and 6pm
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team