Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent late night/early morning disconnects

preecejon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Frequent late night/early morning disconnects

I was with EE for a year, zero issues. I've been with plusnet a few month's and frequently get disconnected late at night and early morning. The router needs to be reset to fix the issue. I'm using the test socket currently and it's still happening.

They say it's openreach but I never had this issue with EE.

They tell me to compete the online fault finder, it doesn't even have options for issue. I go through the questions, it asks me if I have a connection when plugged into test socket (which I do, until it randomly disconnects) and then the fault finder stops thinking I don't have a fault! That's what happens when you leave a computer program to do the job a human should be doing.

I'm now told to wait 3 days and test when I've already had a week of frequent disconnects.

What's our legal standing with leaving broadband providers? I want out. I will never use plusnet again. The combination of connection issues and poor customer service is terrible. No wonder plusnet score so low in surveys.
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Frequent late night/early morning disconnects

Lines can develop faults. There’s a whole series of causes for a line to drop. I thought frequent disconnections was one of the fault types.

Have you done a quiet line test?

Whilst disconnects are irritating they generally reconnect within 30 seconds or so - what’s the actual impact on your use of the service?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Frequent late night/early morning disconnects

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection problems. We've asked you to leave your router connected into the test socket for up to 3 days to figure out where the issue lies, for example if your connection is stable in this way then that indicates the problem lies with the internal wiring of your property.

As @Townman has said, faults can occur at any point in time I'm afraid and there can be a variety of causes. 

If you continue to get drops then I'd recommend completing the broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net to report a fault to us(Selecting the option for an intermittent connection, that'll allow you to complete the process).

If you're wanting to leave Plusnet we won't be in a position to waive any termination fees until we've been provided an opportunity to resolve the problem by first arranging engineers(Assuming that the internal checks don't fix the issue).

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet