cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Re-Connects

Grafter

Frequent Re-Connects

In the period 18:43 last night to 08:46 this morning my router has reported 13 re-connections. What's going on?
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Frequent Re-Connects

Hmm.
I'm not seeing that.  I can see that at 08:45 this morning your connection dropped after being connected for 12h9m57s.
Did you experience any of these disconnections yourself?
Grafter

James,
No, other than this morning when connection led was out but sync led on and I requested reconnect, the PC was switched off.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Getting this myself.  Have an open ticket reagrds my stability on the trial, but just recently, and seemed to occur, after BT had done some remote diagnostics, PPP sessions are being frequently dropped (and i mean alot!!), and a few days ago, I was getting alot of authentication errors as well.  Something is up, but I presumed it was down to my issues.  Seems it may be a bit wider spread?
grahamt
Rising Star

From the attached image at the top of this thread, it looks like you had what I was getting a while back. My router was reporting a dropped ADSL line connection every 60 seconds; on reconnect (pretty much instant, which it shouldn't be) my PPPoA status was 'LCP Up' (as with you) rather than just 'Up' as it is when things are OK, and my WAN IP address was reported as 0.0.0.0. After a forced resync from my end the line came back OK but at a lower sync speed. After I raised a ticket and had some exchanges with support, it seemed that nothing untoward had been detected at the PN/BT end during the period when I had an unusable line.
At the time I noticed this behaviour, my SNR had dropped to -2db. I was having regular SNR drops of over 10db (e.g. 9db to -2db) overnight with a recovery at dawn. In my case the problem has been temporarily "solved" by having a restriction put on my line by BT, so it doesn't ever sync at higher than 3069, whatever the SNR (currently 14-16). I haven't had any overnight SNR drops recently. Maybe it's because of the sunny weather.
Graham