Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Loss of synchronization

Novagal
Grafter

Frequent Loss of synchronization

Hi,
For the past few weeks I have been getting lots of internet disconnections.  My router reports frequent Loss of synchronization which occur throughout the day and night (even when not used for several hours overnight). I have frequently checked my router stats and noise margin (varying 7-12b), attenuation (stable at 39db), and connection speeds and they appear to be OK. The down times are ad hoc and no time pattern is apparent..
I am thinking of raising a ticket with Plusnet as it has now become rather annoying and thought I may get some suggestions before I do so. I have attached a copy of one typical report sent from the router.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Many thanks
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Frequent Loss of synchronization

Hi there,
I've run a full set of diagnostics but don't see any obvious causes for the issue.
I can see the connection is dropping frequently though so you've done the right thing by reporting a fault.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Novagal
Grafter

Re: Frequent Loss of synchronization

Thank you Adam,
Apart from a couple of losses overnight, it appears matters have settled down today for the first time in a while, so normal service has been resumed.
It would be interesting to know what were the possible causes of this behaviour!
Anyway....PlusNet came to the rescue..
Appreciated.
Regards,
N