cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Loss of connection since power cut

Bonno
Dabbler

Frequent Loss of connection since power cut

Had a power cut a few days ago which only last an hour or so. However since then every few hours i am losing broadband connection and i'm having to restart the router and run repair connection in windows to restore it. This is also in addition to frequent loss of connection every few hours which lasts about a minute before resolving itself.
possibly a router issue?
9 REPLIES 9
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Frequent Loss of connection since power cut

The quickest way to be sure is to try an alternative modem/router. But also check out your phone line to make sure that a fault on that isn't causing your problems. Do you hear any crackling or other noises when using the phone? Do you have any problems with outgoing or incoming calls?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Bonno
Let us know how you've got on with this, I can see you've had a router from us in the past so let us know if that is a problem.
BTW I've performed a test against your line and that's not showing any problems.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Another thought, is that using a wireless connection or ethernet. If wireless, turn off the wireless and try an ethernet connection to see if the problems continue.
Bonno
Dabbler

I've only ever received one router from plusnet so i've no way to test if the router is the issue.
Also i never use wireless only ethernet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm happy to loan you a router for testing purposes if you like, we can obviously discuss the terms of you keeping it if it proves the issue is with your current one.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
fraggle

Hi----the same happened to me(lincolnshire)---spent all day rebooting /resetting and tonight it seems to be working fine...fingers crossed
Bonno
Dabbler

A test router would be perfect.
We've been having consistent issues with it dropping connection for months it was just worse in the few days following the power cut. Previous calls to plusnet resulted in me bring told I would need to arrange a bt engineer to come as check the line for faults but I'm hesitant to do this because of the charge incurred when it could possibly be nothing to do with our line.
Bonno
Dabbler

Is this still being looked at?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Bonno,
I'm sorry we didn't reply yesterday. Yes I'm happy to send you a router, there are some basic terms related to this so I'm going to send a ticket from your account for this, if you can reply back to that I'll happily get that sorted.
With regards to an engineer visit, it's not specifically that you would be charged if the fault wasn't with the line, it's charged if the fault is due to your equipment or if the engineer is unable to gain access to your premises during the booked slot. It is likely that a visit might be needed to resolve this but as we're talking about sending you a router for testing purposes that eliminates much of that risk.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team