cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Disconnects

timjjames
Hooked

Frequent Disconnects

I've raised a fault log as my connection drops almost every hour. Plusnet have run a report and this is shown to have started happening on Saturday morning and has been very frequent since. Up until then there were no problems at all. It's been passed to BT I gather saying Line is Unstable..
I just wondered if anyone has any idea what can cause something like this to suddenly happen, there haven't been any changes at home.

TAGS - Downstream: 72600, Upstream: 20000
WLR - PASS
GEA Service Test
Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0003
Description No problem found, OAM test is not currently supported on this line.
Main Fault Location OK
Appointment Required N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 80.0
Upstream Speed 20.0
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Interleaving Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Interleaving Off
Copper Line Test Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
REIN Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
VP SFBB00007089

Summary - Line is unstable, no direct consistency, copper PASS, engineer investigation required.
Next Action - Raise fault to BTW.
2 REPLIES 2
DanHodby
Grafter

Re: Frequent Disconnects

Hi timjjames,
Thanks for getting in touch.
I can see that you've raised a fault on this and we are at the stage of booking in an engineer. If you can respond to the ticket with some availability we can progress the fault for you.
Many thanks,
Dan
timjjames
Hooked

Re: Frequent Disconnects

Thanks, yes I have responded to that.
I was just wondering if there's any further info in addition to the sticky here, about what some of the values mean. For instance, the items that say 'Not detected', does that mean they aren't a problem, or the system couldn't tell.