cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Disconnects - Fibre BB and BT Home Hub 6

BlueEagle365
Grafter

Re: Frequent Disconnects - Fibre BB and BT Home Hub 6

Another update.... When we pick up the phone handset (both cordless or fixed wire one) we get a Broadband disconnect 😞

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there @BlueEagle365, I've just taken a look into this and tests have picked up on a fault with the line so it would be best for us to arrange another visit from an Openreach engineer and I'm sorry they didn't rectify that last time for us. I've just sent an update to the fault ticket on your account so please let me know when you've responded back to it. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Keep routerstats running as that provides irrefutable evidence of your issues.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BlueEagle365
Grafter

Hi all,

We had three visits and all seems to be resolved. Ended up with Openreach running new line to cabinet (from what I understand). Stable connection now. 

However: We still get disconnect during the night usually, which after talking with one for the support team, looks like it's when the router contacts the server (to check for updates??). The guy said he would reset or remove (can't remember which) but it still seems to disconnect every day or so. 

I have passed this on via @plusnet DM on twitter but the question is closed due to inactivity - I was unable to update it before it closed. Am I right in thinking each time it disconnects the profile resets? I'd like to know, what effect this has. Seems odd that checking for a router firmware update disconnects us.

Other than that, happy with the resolution of the original fault 🙂