cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free wireless router - which one is it?

pimpernel
Grafter

Free wireless router - which one is it?

The current free wireless router is at one point on site described as having 4 ethernet ports, at another point it is described as being just by wireless connection (10 of them).
Can somebody please just tell me the manufacturer and model number, so I can check the manufacturer's site for accurate details before ordering.
Thanks, John
6 REPLIES 6
mal0z
Grafter

Re: Free wireless router - which one is it?

pierre_pierre
Grafter

where did you get your info from as the sales FAQ has this
However, when you signup for Plusnet broadband you can choose a free new 1-port wired or 4-port wireless router if you want to. In the event of a national postal strike, we may use an alternative courier to avoid delays with delivery. Check our Community Site for announcements on this
pimpernel
Grafter

From here: https://portal.plus.net/apps/account/change/618077/Hardware ; - hover on the "more info" link.
And here: http://www.plus.net/ - click on "Read more info"
The answer was so simple when you know where to click!
The Thomson is a definite improvement on what I have now so should do nicely.
Many thanks to you for info
Looking for ward to improved speeds as putting in completely  new and simplified  telephone wiring and all the old and wonky phones.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

yes it has 4 ethernet ports, the wireless can be up to 250, and your first link is having application errors so cant check that
mal0z
Grafter

The Thomson 585v7 Wireless Router  is a good router in my opinion for the average user -
but some of the techie guys here find it doesn't have some features they would want - which is fair enough.
The wireless performance is good, covers the who of my house.
I have both Netgear and one of these Thomson's and to be honest - I rarely connect up the Netgear .
I agree with those who say it would be good if PN could offer a Netgear as an alternative for extra cost - but they who have to support that too
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Support for the Netgear is trivial. It's such a good and popular modem/router (the v4).
The 585v7 IMHO from posts on these boards has too many bugs & faults. Alright when it works, providing you don't want to tinker (no Target SNRM tweaks). I get the impression from Gamers it can be difficult to set up for some games.