cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free-online

OldMik

Free-online

Whenever I'm asked for my e-mail address as x@ abcd.free-online.co.uk I have to give it several times, explain that, yes it is a bit of a novel etc etc.
Is it possible to emigrate to somewhere nice like place like Plusnet?
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Free-online

there is a short form you can use  instead of x@ abcd.free-online.co.uk  use x@ abcd.idps.co.uk  that is one that was used by business and stands for I Dont Pay Subscription  - Honest,  you dont have to change anything on your end, it all goes to the same mail boxes, Been using it for years
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

...or buy a cheap domain name somewhere Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Not applicable

I can sympathise with this as I disliked my Force9 one - too much of a faff spelling it out to everyone. After the 'troubles' I went on to gmail which was brilliant - really easy to remember and give to people. Now, courtesy of PN I have a domain name which is easier still.
The benefit of using gmail would be that you could set it up to retrieve e-mail to your current address so you wouldn't miss anything. Gradually you wouldn't need the old one as people get to know the new addy.
Only trouble with gmail is that it uses a secure server so you will probably need to alter the settings in your e-mail client and AV e-mail scanner.
Strat has the best plan IMO. It won't cost much and you can be using it in next to no time. When I chose mine it was usable in less than 12 hours.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Simple sign up for a PlusNet Pay as You Go dial up account, and use that accounts e-mail.
Your address will then be; mailbox@username.plus.com
Just chose a username that does not require explaining all the time.