cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free at last! (But for how long?)

grahamt
Rising Star

Free at last! (But for how long?)

Yee hah! It really can happen. My banded profile was removed at 7.45 this morning and instead of syncing at 3066 I've now reached the dizzy heights of 4538.
Will this new-found freedom survive beyond the hours of darkness, when my SNR will drop? I'm hoping it will, as I've had my bell wire disconnected since banding was last enforced. SNR is currently 18dB. Will my Plusnet IP profile ever catch up with my new sync speed? Still 2500 as I write, but it's only been 5 hours since the change.
Stay tuned...
(Actually, I won't mind if you don't as this is of minor interest to everyone but me.)
Graham
5 REPLIES 5
scootie
Grafter

Re: Free at last! (But for how long?)

you sure your not on the 2272 -4544kbps band now?  Wink
it did that to me in the early days, kepted switching between the 3072 and 4544 bands, looking at your sync rate compared to how the 3072 band synced on your line just slightly under the 3072 by 6kbps its strong possabilty it is the 4554 band
i cross my fingers for you and hope during a resync you get above the 4544. with these bands any one would think we lived in communist state of china
EDIT: what noise margin did the 4538 sync at. i would be intrested know this as up to now ive used the noismargin plus the sync rate to guess if some ones on a band and i have yet to see any one below 15db on a banded profile
grahamt
Rising Star

I guess it's possible that I'm on a higher band. If so, I won't complain too much (for the moment!) as it's a big improvement - or it would be if my Plusnet profile would only catch up. Nearly 12 hours now and still on 2500. Patience...
I wasn't monitoring the SNR at the time my sync speed changed, but from about 9.30am it was 16-18dB. It fluctuated more in the early afternoon (as high as 20, as low as 12), but was still averaging around 16dB until about 3pm, after which it slid gradually down until it was at 12dB by about 4.45pm. Since then it's moved between 10 and 14.
Graham
scootie
Grafter

looks as thoe its still on a 15db noise margin then, i would of thought to get you to sync higher it would have to drop the NM.
grahamt
Rising Star

Maybe you're right. We'll see what happens over the next week or so. I did have a resync last night at about 8.20pm - not from my end - and it came back at the same speeds (4538/808).
I was just now going to ask Plusnet to nudge my profile as it's been 24 hours since the change, but I did a BT speedtest and their profile is also still at 2500. That's weird, as the BT profile normally changes very quickly when the sync speed changes. The BT speedtest didn't complete for some reason, but it did get as far as showing my BT profile.
More patience needed!
Graham
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
You've now got a 3500 profile, which seems more reasonable for your line. What are you syncing at?