cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force9 Broadband Plus up to 8Mb

kenny
Grafter

Force9 Broadband Plus up to 8Mb

I asked a question earlier today about a wireless  question: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=71518.new;topicseen#new
I received a reply saying I might get a freebie so I asked PlusNet I received a reply (well 2 replies)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One said: We can send you a free wireless router. this will only cost you £6.99 for the postage and packaging. We will need to take this payment by card.
cancelling the account within the first 12 months after you've received the wireless router will make the router cost payable (£29.99).
However you need to change your account type to one of our new packages to allow us to send the router.
If you are ok with this please confirm so that we can place the order for you
The other:
We'd like to say thank you for being a loyal Plusnet customer and want to reward you with £36 off your broadband subscription.
All you need to do is to stay with us for another 12 months and we'll take £3 off each of your monthly bills for the next year.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My question is should stay on the package I`m on I`m on the original Force9 Broadband Plus package which is £14.99 (includes VAT) I`m also
on Home Phone Anytime+ which is £15.00 (includes VAT) so a total package = £29.99.
Is this a better package than these new one??????????? should I opt out for a new one??? or stay put???
14 REPLIES 14
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Force9 Broadband Plus up to 8Mb

not sure as I am on Free-online but it depends on your usage.  The free period on what I think is your package is from Midnight to 16:00 Hrs, on the new packages it is from midnight to 0800.
Are you on the 4g package, the new one of equivelant cost is 15g, there are also slight changes in priorities
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

You could do both AFAIK. Move to a BBYW package, take the router & accept the offer of a £3 discount for the next year.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

kenny
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
You could do both AFAIK. Move to a BBYW package, take the router & accept the offer of a £3 discount for the next year.

yes just seen this email about this, If I can have both might as well also will be cheaper per month as my usage is not that high
Wheel_nut
Grafter

What qualifies a customer for the £3 per month discount? Is this being offered to all customers?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I think my e-mail must have been caught in the false positive trap and disappeared
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@pierre
What false positive trap? I thought you weren't missing any email as the Aldi email you were expecting turned up? Probably best to continue this on the other thread rather than taking this one off-topic.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

i wonder if there is a special filter so that people who make off topic posts don't get special offers  Grin
Chris
Legend

@Wheel_nut
I'll try and find out for you, AFAIK we don't send the email to all customers at once to ensure the CSC aren't bombarded with queries. I'll get back to you shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
@pierre
What false positive trap? I thought you weren't missing any email as the Aldi email you were expecting turned up? Probably best to continue this on the other thread rather than taking this one off-topic.

I havnt had a £3 e-mail either
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If a home phone offer is still running does that stop the broadband offer being made or is it only for F9 customers
Chris
Legend

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I havnt had a £3 e-mail either

It's been sent to customers that aren't already under contract from an existing offer or deferred contract (activation or hardware) and
we don't send the email to all customers at once to ensure the CSC aren't bombarded with queries
pierre_pierre
Grafter

does that mean if I had a router recently I cant get the £3
kenny
Grafter

I`m still on the old `Force9 Broadband Plus up to 8Mb` package What are the full details of this package.
I cannot seem to find it now, If I do change my package and get this offer. I wanted to compare like for like with these Option 1,2,3 etc packages
paulby
Grafter

You could take a look here or try this comparison tool on Kitz's site.