TORPC
Grafter

Forbidden access to TG582n

What is the likely cause ?Huh

8 REPLIES 8
kenneth50
Grafter

Re: Forbidden access to TG582n

Have you tried rebooting the router ? Also have you tried with just http:\\192.168.1.254
TORPC
Grafter

done all that
I am looking for suggestions to what would be the most likely cause(s) / not the cure at this point
I have also changed filter
As some knows I like a deep understanding as to the workings or lack thereof Wink
kenneth50
Grafter

Having used a TG582N myself i have had this issue before.
Due to the Ram thats on the device (Very small amount of it) and the processing power sometimes it will jam up which is why rebooting the router will work.
What firmware are you on currently (Will show as software version most likely), it might be worth getting PN to push a update if you do not have the latest version.
If not replacing the router might be the only way. I myself am currently using a Billion 7800N and have no issues with any jam up, also on the plus side the Wireless range is good too.
Have you checked to see if there is anything showing in the Event logs to do with firewall or IDS as attacks from the internet such as syn flood will cripple the router if its great enough.
TORPC
Grafter

Currently not looking to update from version 8 as there is some testing going in in reference to another thread
Nothing in the logs for the time it happens
It started a few days ago, when BTOpenreach was playing in the local cabinet, ever since I have had several outages, yet not shown anywhere in the logs / computer(s) devices
I have see in another thread (awaiting a link from the member) that the Samknows kit causes issue(s)
Night for last 3 incoming phone calls in a row all within 5 - 10 mins of each other knocked internet off (thats when I changed the filter)
I would like to be able to give support as much info as I possible can (to help make it easier to track down)
That said I am looking for the most likely cause as to the screenshot
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Basically it has forgotten that you have logged in, they just don't cut the mustard for me the 582's.
It could be lots of things but probably a power glitch or the device deciding it doesn't like you.
When I had one it would work for 30MINUTES then refuse web or telnet access until it was rebooted. A hard reset "fixed" that, but it was still a POS.
TORPC
Grafter

I was wondering if PN has seen this kind of behaviour from the TG582n's
Or could ask Technicolor for any info regarding it ?Huh
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

We've asked Technicolor as we've not seen anything like this to be honest.
They have suggested that if you're using Firmware Version 8, to upgrade this as it's 4+ years old now.
Is there any way to reliably replicate this at all?  You can tell from the URL that the page requested is for the Broadband page. It would look like some sort of error from the web server itself, a router reboot should fix the issue though.
TORPC
Grafter

I have only seen it twice tbh
I have tried to replicate it, to no avail as yet
If a next time
I will try & remember the steps I took just prior Smiley
As mentioned earlier
It has only happened since BTOpenreach was recently playing in the cabinet
I have changed back to the filtered faceplate, returned router to factory settings (even though it was before), and have had only suffered slowdowns as opposed to the outages, so far
I am wondering it notoriously BTOpenreach has swapped the pairs or something else to constitute the outages (nothing shows in the event / syslog logs) all devices Windows / Android all showing online / connected yet no access to internet when it happens,
A router GUI =====> Disconnect / Connect typically restores the connection
F.Y.I
It is the USB TG582n