Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For once an increase in speeds and still stable

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

For once an increase in speeds and still stable

Up until about 3 weeks ago my upload speed had the cap in place, that down to if enabled in the past it made my connection unstable.  It would also loose 0.5mbit in download speed, on a 3.5mbit connection that hurt for watching streams.
Now I requested my upload uncapped to try and help with a game I play, as 0.4mbit isn't enough to host.  Since then unless a lot of work has happened on my exchange Inverness Macdhui NSIMD, my connection has gotten significantly better.
Previously I would get 3.5mbit down and 0.4 up, with a SNR of 12 on the download and attenuation of 50/51[yes long line], interleaved
Currently I now get 5.4mbit down and 0.7 up with SNR ranging from 4.5 too 6 on the download

So two thoughts/questions spring to mind, with FTTC added to my exchange this January made my ADSL better through less congestion or how a capped and uncapped upload speed ADSL line is handled differently by BT.  Or possibly both?
it will be sods law that I hit Post and then my connection will go back, but currently it has never been this good even when I had fastpath and a SNR of 6-9
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: For once an increase in speeds and still stable

So two thoughts/questions spring to mind, with FTTC added to my exchange this January made my ADSL better through less congestion or how a capped and uncapped upload speed ADSL line is handled differently by BT.  Or possibly both?

I'd imagine the former is a more likely possibility.
it will be sods law that I hit Post and then my connection will go back, but currently it has never been this good even when I had fastpath and a SNR of 6-9

How have things been since you posted?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: For once an increase in speeds and still stable

Adam if that was the case wouldn't my connection of improved by its self?  It was not until I got the upload cap removed that the SNR dropped and speeds increased.  As for how its been, still getting the packet loss depending on the gateway/endpoint I am connected to, which Bob has a theory on.  That and the weather is currently bad with lots of wind and rain,  so I am expecting slower speeds but yet to see them.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November