cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For informatio - lost your broadband? Try changing the ADSL cable to your router

richard_no1

For informatio - lost your broadband? Try changing the ADSL cable to your router

I thought I'd let members know that I eventually solved a 24hr plus problem connecting to broadband by changing the ADSL cable from the BT socket to the router. I'd tried everything else I could think of (or was prompted to do by the Plusnet troubleshooter) including changing router and micro-filter, all to no avail. I thought it might be to do with some Openreach work going on in the street but, no, it was the bloomin' cable all along! Hope this helps someone suffering the pain of lost broadband Cheesy.
PS thank goodness for the Wifi hotspot feature on the phone - and Three network all you can eat data plan - which kept our  laptops etc. connected albeit a bit slower than normal during our outage!
1 REPLY
All4One
Grafter

Re: For informatio - lost your broadband? Try changing the ADSL cable to your router

Good shout! I think it's a rare one, same with ethernet cables experiencing issues (I had a 15m RJ45 with many kinks and bends and never had an issue) but as you show, still is a potential problem to check for!