Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing broadband light!!!

pamelaevans

Flashing broadband light!!!

Hi everyone
Hopefully someone can help me please.
I have looked at my order tracker and it says that my broadband has now been activated. I have received the wireless modem from plusnet. However when I try to connect the modem the broadband light just continues to flash. I have tried 3 different filters but this has not helped. There are no other devices connected to the phoneline on any socket. I have checked all cables for the modem and they are correctly set-up. I understand that the broadband light continuously flashing indicates that the modem cannot make a broadband connection. This is the first time I have tried to connect.
Is it possible that allthough my tracker says broadband has been activated in actual fact it has not? Is there a delay between plusnet saying "ok your good to go" and BT actually activating the line?
Thanks for any help...
5 REPLIES 5
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Flashing broadband light!!!

You refer to a modem. Do you mean a router?
Have you configured it correctly?
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/help_and_setup/general_setup_guide.shtml#connecthardware
(N.B. Where it says password used to log on to "this site" it means to the portal NOT to the forums.)
scootie
Grafter

is it the dsl light of the internet light thats flashing.
@alanf.  the router should have the right settings as the new router firmware comes pre setup i belive now
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you might find that intervention from a PN staff will be needed before the official date to activate the line
James
Grafter

Hi Pamela,
As far as we are concerned, your broadband is now turned on (albeit not working!).
Have you tried connecting your router (via a filter) to your master socket?  Can you remove the faceplate from your socket and insert the filter into the test socket (it's on the middle right).
pamelaevans

Thank you everyone for your time and answers. Yes I did mean router, sorry. This has now been picked up by PN support. Everything seems to be working from their side but It appears that BT need to run some test on the line next. Heres hoping!