cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing broadband and no internet light

FforFRANKY

Flashing broadband and no internet light

After everything working fine this morning, the internet light suddenly went down and the broadband light started flashing. I have tried to follow instructions here, I have no phone to check the phone line, but I have connected to the main socket and I don't use microfilters.
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Flashing broadband and no internet light

Welcome to the forums, @FforFRANKY . Just so this is on the correct board, can you confirm you are definitely on ADSL and not FTTC?

You say you don't use filters - is this because you have a filtered faceplate? A cheap corded phone is an indispensable piece of kit  for this kind of situation.

John
FforFRANKY

Hello! Thank you for responding!
Yes I have ADSL, and having just dug around and checked actually I do have a filter! It just only has one line from it as I don't use a phone, my apologies! Is my best option to go get a corded phone from somewhere? If I ring Plusnet can they check if there's a problem with the line?
Thank you again!
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Thanks for confirming you are on ADSL. if you can borrow a corded handset, just to check the line is clear (dial 17070, option 2) - apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test', there should be no noise at all -if there is, report a phone fault first.

If you can still access your router, sight of your 'Help Desk' tab, with personal details obscured would be a help to Community members, if they are to assist.

If you ring PN, they should be able to run tests to ascertain your issues.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @FforFRANKY

I'm sorry to see you can't get online. I can see you've rang us earlier today and we've tested your line which hasn't found the cause for the problem so we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

Can you raise a fault to us at faults.plus.net? In the notes box at the end, please tell us when you'd be free for an engineer visit. The available timeslots are weekdays (and occasionally Saturday's) 8am while 1pm, or 1pm while 6pm. This means we'll be able to arrange an engineer straight away once we've picked the fault up.

Feel free to post back when you've raised the fault and we'll make sure that is picked up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FforFRANKY

Hello!
Sorry yes I did ring and was asked to confirm an engineer, but the internet has returned at the moment. I am unable to have anyone free for an engineer slot this week anyway, so I'm going to see whether it goes off again, and if it does arrange one for next week. Thank you!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Ah no problem, fingers crossed your broadband doesn't go off again but let us know if you need any further help Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FforFRANKY

Thank you! Really appreciate everyone's help!