cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed my ADSL speed, now how about the bare cable to the house?

FIXED
popo
Hooked

Fixed my ADSL speed, now how about the bare cable to the house?

Hello

Seems like a first post but I've been here before, just can't find my login details at the moment and am stressed out.

I've been with plus.net something like 2 decades now, mostly been fine but knew things would change after the takeover and they did. Anyway I'm not going to rant about takeovers, now for the real reason I'm here.

I have ADSL broadband with my own modem and phone line since I signed up, I can understand cost increases because things go up. I've never been on contract and that is the reason I signed up in the first place, my income was unstable then and just as things are getting rocky with my job again plus net hit me with a massive increase in my internet and phone bill. Not funny.

So I called up the helpline, tried to be as polite as I could when I was actually livid after seeing my bill. You see, my advertised speed was 8MBps and for the last few years I've been getting 6 but due to covid haven't done anything about it, then started a new job. I have a dodgy line coming in to the house as well but that is not the issue apparently. Since the engineer has been even though I couldn't let him in because there was a mess up with the time he was supposed to come looking on the ticket that was assigned and what the lady on the phone told me, re-arranging appointments etc. Now they have upped my line speed back to 8MBps anyway so at least I am getting what was advertised.

I got passed through 4 different people on the helpline trying to explain my issues and all the while being told, oh it's reduced speed because of covid people working from home, oh it's because you're out of contract, oh go on fibre we can re-contract you etc etc. Honestly I phoned for support, not a sales call to be re-contracted as stated above. Finally on the 4th person I got some help with my issue. So the speed is now back to 8mpbs but that does not fix the insecure line coming in to my house and the unexplained reason why I have been capped at 6MBps for the last few years with bills increasing all the time. I've since noticed a 40 minute call to the council costing £6 so that explains why it was extra high this month but still.

Is the engineer going to come back to sort this dodgy line coming in to the house because I'm still not happy about that, I don't think he even looked at that but my speed is somehow magically back to 8MBps.

What's going on plus.net? Do I have to spend another hour on the phone getting passed around by sales people to fix the bare cable coming in to my house? It really does not look secure.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fixed my ADSL speed, now how about the bare cable to the house?

Hi there, 

I'm sorry about the issues you've been having with your connection speeds but really glad that's been sorted out now. 

If there's an issue with the cabling that's something you'd need to report to Openreach directly as it relates to the quality of their engineering work rather than the services we provide: https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitFeedback.do?contactReason=complain_mess_damage

I've sent over a PM asking for some details so I can take a look over your account too and log a complaint for you so please reply back to that when you can.

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
popo
Hooked

Appreciate the super fast response, will be looking in to that and the PM. Thanks a lot

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries @popo let us know how you get on and I'll look out for you replying back to my message.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
popo
Hooked

Thanks for the messages @adamwalker .I've gone through the openreach site and the EiVA assistant but I'm unsure where to file this in the menus. Contact Us > Quality of workmanship > Outside property just brings me back to contacting plusnet. It's probably best if I wait for your call (I missed the last one :(). Appreciate your help with all this. Cheers.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, I'm not sure which is the right option but I will find out for you. Are you free for a call between 11.30am and 8pm tomorrow? 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
popo
Hooked

I went through a different option with EiVA and logged it as damage and got through to someone. Apparently there is an engineer coming in the next 48 hours. Will be in. Thanks for the help

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Cheers for taking my call a few minutes ago. I've raised a "damage report" on our side for you and I'll make sure one of my team mates gets back to you next week with an update. 

Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
popo
Hooked

Thanks @adamwalker for seeing this through. It took 3+ engineer visits and lots of shoulder shrugging, plus a few back and forth with the openreach site and with yourself but the line is securely attached to the wall now. Top marks for the last fellow that came to fix it, he got it done. Cheers.