cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix Line profile to 6db

maddog56
Dabbler

Fix Line profile to 6db

Hi I switched from talktalk to plusnet and ever since my line has been slow caused by dlm upping my snr, thus lowering my speed.
I should have just stayed with talktalk for the extra couple of £ per month.
Is there anyway to fix my snr to 6db. I have had a 6-7mb connection since my exchange was upgraded to adslmax 2006. All I want is my line fixed at 6db.
I have had to phone numerous times and was told we have just reset your training period again, so again have to wait another 10 days. When I was with plusnet years ago, I could phone your support teams and get my full profile changed while on the phone, now your support seems to have gone down hill.
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Fix Line profile to 6db

I'm sorry that you feel that our support has gone downhill. I think the information that you've been provided with has been pretty honest from what I can see.
We can reset your SNR and move your SNR Target to 6db, however can't force your SNR to start at the 6db target. SNR is supposed to fluctuate, dependent on line conditions. We can force your line to stay with an SNR Target of 6db but there isn't a way to ensure it will stick to the target.
maddog56
Dabbler

thanks for the quick reply. Hi I understand could you please try and get it to 6db. Thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've placed an order to change some settings on your line, which will complete tomorrow morning. Once I've received confirmation that this has completed, I'll do the line reset to 6db for you - it'll likely be tomorrow morning.
maddog56
Dabbler

hi has the line settings been changed, and the 6db target been set. thanks