cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First month great, second starting bad.

nero642

First month great, second starting bad.

Hi All
I am with Plusnet just over a month now and was/am on option 3. After my first month i decided to upgrade to pro and according to the response i recieved this was to switch over on the 25th of this month (march), as yet im still on option 3 but my speeds are now pathetic in the evenings. Has this somerthing to do with changing package and when can i expect the pro option to kick in?
Thanks for looking
8 REPLIES 8
paulby
Grafter

Re: First month great, second starting bad.

What product does it say you have here?
If it's still saying Option 3 there then I'd rasie a ticket or give Customer Service a call on 0117 296 5198.
Have you tried rebooting your router?  You normally have to reboot to pick up your new profile.
What does it say about your exchange here under VP capacity?
nero642

Hi Paul
Thanks for the reply, i have this in account info. PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 3 with included 20GB bandwidth, and VP capacity is showing green, yes i have tried rebooting the router a few times, i have even tried it with a different router, still no joy. Before my download speeds in the evening were respectable enough, now no matter what im doing its round about 30KB
This is a screen shot of my router stat
[image]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7617/screenhunter02mar282037yg8.jpg[/image]
paulby
Grafter

As it's still saying Option 3 and you were supoosed to have changed on the 25th I'd raise a support ticket or give them a call (number is in post above) to nudge things on.
As for the speed - it shouldn't be related to your product (unless you've gone over your usage or your trying to do P2P etc. which is throttled in the evening on all BBYW except PRO - see here)  There was an issue earlier this week - see here and here. This has now been resolved so you may get better performance now!
Your stats look fine - you're syncing at the fastest possible.  What speeds are you getting?
Have you tried tweaking your MTU?
Note (my apologies if this sounds patronising!):
To get your image to link correctly do this:
[url=http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7617/screenhunter02mar282037yg8.jpg]This is a screen shot of my router stat[/url]
Which gives:
This is a screen shot of my router stat
scootie
Grafter

strange i upgraded from option 1 to option 3 this month. i got my account upgraded straight way. only problem i had was they couldnt take the pro rata( the defrenece in package price) payment by direct debit so had to ring up and put it on a debit card. quick reboot and ready just in time for uncapped p2p overnight useage.
i would chase this one up with plus net.
but your poor speeds shouldnt be to do with the package your on unless like said before if its p2p before midnight then 30k/B sounds about right.
whats your line profiled at?
paulby
Grafter

whats your line profiled at?

You can find that out here or by running a BT Speedtest.
nero642

Thanx for the replies
My line speed
Your current broadband speed is 8000 Kbps
A quick call to customer support and they changed the package there and then, dont know why it didnt change over itself. I hadnt went over my limit i used under 9 gig out of 20.  I get a maximum speed of just under 7mb after midnight.
I gave it a run and have to say the difference is like day and night.
Thanks for the tip on the picture, that usually works on other forums Smiley
Great work by Plusnet, if that had been any other isp i would have waited ages for the change over and been talking to somebody that hadnt a clue
Heres to another happy month.  Cheers Guys Grin
paulby
Grafter

Glad to hear you got it sorted!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

for the image you should have used the button and then put in your link to get