cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Mont Extremely unhappy lag spikes and bad speed

adeeli786

First Mont Extremely unhappy lag spikes and bad speed

Hi,
I got this broadband just for purpose of gaming, am pretty unhappy i keep on getting lag spikes in cs 1.6 uk servers. Not playing on same server different servers and get lag spikes and when it goes after few seconds i find myself fragged.
Also download speeds are bad, pings are above 40+ the only day i had good ping was very first day which was around 20-25 ping and ownward always 40-50+.
The other game iplay is quake live, and both sad pings and stupid lag spikes. Please update me, as i stated only reason to get odwn to plusnet was gaming and low latencies if i dont get that i might move back to someone else.
Looking forward for responses and resolution, thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Martha
Grafter

Re: First Mont Extremely unhappy lag spikes and bad speed

Hi Adheeli786,
I've replied to the ticket you've raised on the support center !
Thought i'd let you know Smiley
Martha
adeeli786

i'v already replied to you stating i'v already put the images down here regarding what you'v asked em to do. All tests have already been done.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi adeeli786,
With regard to the speed, it looks like you were provisioned on the 'up to' 8Mbps service rather than the 20Mbps service. I'm not sure why that happened but I'll place an order to move you to the 20Mbps service. This should take 7 days to complete. Once that happens we can see how your gaming performs then and take it from there.
Jojo Smiley
adeeli786

Hi, Thanks for looking into that. Hope this fix my issues Smiley and i be a happy chap. Not sure if i should say that here, but seriously your dp is (gorgeous).
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks. There will be a short time without service while they transfer the service over on the day. This would normally be quite quick but just beware if you get disconnected on the 9th that it's more than likely that which has caused it.
Jojo Smiley