cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got faster speeds

cbatoday
Grafter

Finally got faster speeds

Well after months of issue with slow broadband speeds and drop outs. Plusnet sent 4 openreach engineers out to try and find the fault at a cost to me of 4 x 1/2 days off work (self empoyed) not to mention the hours on the phone.
During this time of frustration I emailed the CEO to see if he could help and was assigned a case handler. But the slow speeds and drop outs were still occurring.
The next stage was to send another openreach out. At this stage I decided to find out wether it was an openreach issue or a plusnet issue as one company was blaming the other
I left and recently started my new service with now broadband (part of sky)
I figured if I was getting slow speeds with my new ISP then it was an openreach issue and if my speeds were faster than plusnet (at times that were ranging from 0.6 to 1.4 mbps ) then it was a plusnet issue
Over the first couple of days the speeds have been in excess of 13mbps. I know this can alter during the first 10 days as the software and hardware works out the best sound to noise ratio but initial findings are pointing at my original faults of slow speeds and drop outs lay at plusnet door. Will keep you posted of my findings over the next 10 days

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

5 REPLIES 5
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Finally got faster speeds

I had the same problem. Numerous Openreach engineers who came out and checked everything over. My sync speed was 78 meg but speed tests showed less than 5meg and 5meg was on a good day. I changed suppliers to now TV and amazingly 78 reported by speed test. I was constantly told I was not on a hot vlan. Proof is in the pudding as they say .
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@cbatoday wrote:

I figured if I was getting slow speeds with my new ISP then it was an openreach issue and if my speeds were faster than plusnet (at times that were ranging from 0.6 to 1.4 mbps ) then it was a plusnet issue

I'm afraid that your logic is seriously flawed.

Now TV uses the Sky LLU network. Consequently, with ADSL, Openreach/BTw provide the length of cable back to the exchange there the cabling is removed from the BT infrastructure and connected to Sky's network, hence eliminating any further BT/Openreach infrastructure.

In no way does this demonstrate whether it was Plusnet or Openreach that caused your problems. All that it proves is that the fault was not in the length of cable between your property and your local Telephone Exchange.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

cbatoday
Grafter

All know is by switching to the now broadband service all my issues have gone and my speeds are 13 mbps. This is something plusnet couldnt resolve.
If plusnet know what causes it then fix it. if not then loose customers simple
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@cbatoday wrote:
If plusnet know what causes it then fix it. if not then loose customers simple

I give up trying to explain that Plusnet would have no idea what caused it as the problem was with equipment not belonging to them and over which they have no control.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

cbatoday
Grafter

So if that's the case why are plusnet trying to provide a service in which they have no control over.
Not really bothered about plusnet now I have a service that works
You dont buy a dog and bark yourself do you