cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got Fibre - Slow speed... quick advice.

gnicholson8
Grafter

Finally got Fibre - Slow speed... quick advice.

So the fibre lines just got installed and the engineer has tested it and says its connected at 79Mbps (I am at work and told my wife so I don't know if this was D/L test he tried or just the sync speed)
He did this with the PN router, I told her to swapped the PN router for my Asus RT N53 and to to try a speed test. (I had preconfigured my Asus Router)
She's only getting results of 40-41Mbps (this is over Wired/Wifi)
Whilst I know it is within the first 10 days and it can fluctuate I know the line can handle 76Mbps easily. Can anyone give me advice on what I can do my end? She can't find the Sync speed status on the router and the full diagnostic/speedtest on BTW doesn't let her check but I have a feeling when she swapped the router over the Sync has dropped down a lot.
8 REPLIES 8
thesawdust
Grafter

Re: Finally got Fibre - Slow speed... quick advice.

Not sure if Swapping routers would drop the sync? as the BTOR modem is still synced  Roll_eyes
You can't find any sync speed in PlusNET router, as it's not a modem!
gnicholson8
Grafter

Thats what I thought, but it's dropped massively from what it supposed was (with the BTOR Engineer) and the tests my wife has run.
With regards to the Router not reporting the Sync speed my old Sky router use to report the Sync speed/Ratio all the time (and that was with a BTOR Modem.
dick:quote
thesawdust
Grafter

The Line would be in training?
You may not be stable at 79MB....... BTW speedtest when you are home?
gnicholson8
Grafter

Yeah I know it may be training but apparently the line should (from what I was told) be stable at 75Mbps
My wife did do a BTW Speedtest but couldn't do the full diagnostic one it said
FAQ
null
The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

I will check when I get home and run my own diagnostic tests. Just looking to get some quick advice for the troubleshoot.
thesawdust
Grafter

what was you synced at with sky?
gnicholson8
Grafter

(was my old property sorry) I merely said that as the Sky router told me the Sync so I know the routers can report the Sync rate.
But according to the engineer, it's extremely close to the exchange and should support 76Mbps stable.
I know I need to get hands on with it myself and we'll see of course.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Okay, all up to 70mbps down now.
Woohooo.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Quote from: gnicholson8
But according to the engineer, it's extremely close to the exchange and should support 76Mbps stable.

Your sync speeds will be dependent on your cabinet as opposed to your Local Exchange.
I'm glad to see your speeds have picked up Smiley