cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtered Faceplate - where buy from?

ukthesis
Hooked

Filtered Faceplate - where buy from?

I am a new PlusNet customer, coming over from Virgin Media.

I am waiting for the engineer to call to my house to convert my non-BT phone line to a BT line.  I am told that a Filtered Faceplate is better than the Microfilters that PlusNet supply.  PlusNet tell me they don't supply Fuiltered Faceplates themselves.

Where do I buy this Filtered Faceplate and is it easy to install?  When the Openreach engineer comes, I assume that I show him this Filtered Faceplate and ask him to fit it.

11 REPLIES 11
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Filtered Faceplate - where buy from?

The engineer should fit you one as part of the installation.

John
ukthesis
Hooked

Not according to the PlusNet person I spoke to an hour ago.  They only fit Microfilters, she is clear on that.

jab1
Legend

Do you already have a BT master socket in your premises? If yes, then ask the engineer nicely to replace the current faceplate with the NTE5C. If not, they WILL fit this as part of the installation - your information is incorrect.

John
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @ukthesis,

I'm sorry you've been advised that by one of our agents. When the Openreach engineer attends to reconnect you back to the OR network they should install one of the new faceplates. Do you currently have any Openreach socket in the premises? If you don't then they will definitely install one otherwise you won't have a working service. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jab1 is correct @ukthesis I have two Plusnet lines and both of these were fitted with the 5C plates.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@ukthesis wrote:

Not according to the PlusNet person I spoke to an hour ago.  They only fit Microfilters, she is clear on that.

The lesson here is not to take what CS agents tell you as gospel truth. 

Even if Openreach did not supply a filtered faceplate you could use the standard microfilter until you bought one. With the latest master sockets the faceplate just clips on so to change it to the filtered version you just unclip the single socket one and clip the filtered one back in it's place. There's no wiring involved and it doesn't require Openreach to do it.

For information I have bought filtered faceplates from Amazon but if Openreach do not supply one then come back here before you buy one. If you got a cowboy of an Openreach technician who fitted an old stock master socket then you might need a different filtered faceplate.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ukthesis
Hooked

No, I don't have an Openreach socket in the house. So the engineer will install one of these Filtered Faceplates when they arrive?

ukthesis
Hooked

5C plates are these Filtered Faceplates?

jab1
Legend

Yes, the OR engineer will (or certainly should) install a filtered faceplate and yes the NTE5C is a filtered faceplate.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@ukthesis 

We appear to be going around in circles under different topic headings.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Getting-started-the-cables/m-p/1662131#M13522

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

This is simply not true.

The filtered faceplates are only installed as part of an "MI" (Managed install), or during an SFI/SFVA visit.