cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibreplus- big speed drops- erratic speeds

Herb
Hooked

Fibreplus- big speed drops- erratic speeds

Grateful for suggestions-  Upgraded to fibre plus and should be seeing around 70mbps-  pasted some stats below but here's the rub,  router says its 77mbps but im not seeing that on devices. Granted I can expect some loss over wifi  but given I live in a 2 bed timber frame house there is not much in the way to cause any loss of any substance.  It does also seem erratic , ive left it a couple of weeks to monitor but its still not good. Router is direct into the test socket.  BT test below indicates a possible fault?

5-5-22.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Fibreplus- big speed drops- erratic speeds

@Herb 

PlusNet will need to book an Engineer to sort things out. You can try the following to see if this speeds this up.

https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

Brian

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Herb You have a router sync speed of 77Mbps and an IP profile of 70.9 Mbps. These are very good values. The only way you can check that you can achieve the best speeds is by using a wired ethernet connection to the router. Any test over Wi-Fi is meaningless, you cannot assume it will only be a bit less than a wired test.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I've just been testing your line and that's not showing any issues with your router getting a stable speed of over 70mbps.

As @RealAleMadrid suggests, are you able to try testing your speed over wired connection?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Herb
Hooked

Thanks for doing that. I spoke to an agent about this,  top chap in fairness, he did notice that there were some inconsitencies on the line from what he coould see. So we agreed to tie it down to a coupple of things, 1 a dodgy router so he sent another out to me, and 2  OGI fibre are installing FTTP all over this area and were connecting up the fibres down the end of the street.  So seemed a bit odd my connection seemed erratic and that was happening as they were also in the exchange. Ill put the new router in as a matter of course and see where we are, thanks for all input so far, great community

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the update Herb and I hope the new router does the trick, please keep us posted. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team