Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre

SE
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Fibre

Okay got fibre
What tips apply to the PN Technicolor TG582n FTTC router?
is there a 10 day training time like ADSL2+
asking because my wife pulled the modem wire thinking it was the phone one, ans also some of the router settings need a restart to take effect
Also I had problems before I moved to PN with ADSL1 speeds and then with PN on ADSL2+ speeds and hec's on the upload
my speed was only 11Mbps and I had a feeling I could get more though some PN staff disagreed Smiley
turned out my feeling was right
we have a pole top BTO box on our wall and the cover was falling off all the time and the inside was corroded
it was this causing the problems, as I found out when the engineer fitted fibre and said I would only get 30Mbps down and 1 Mbps up
I told him about the box and he did a test that bypassed the box, and WOW! 60Mbps down and 11Mbps up
he's patched the box wires so it's taken out of my link and said he marked it as a danger so it gets replaced
if OR had done this before my ADSL2+ would have been 18Mbps Doh!
OR don't seem to like fixing the network as he said he was marking it with a sticker for replacement but never returned
also the box had been visited my many engineers to fit peoples lines and they never even bothered about the cover being off and full of water
  Shocked
anyone know how I can contact OR to see if they are going to do this?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre

anyone know how I can contact OR to see if they are going to do this?

It sounds like you already have to be honest Smiley
We'd only be able to report that ourselves if it's causing a fault with the service and that would probably lead into the same process that the engineer followed already.
is there a 10 day training time like ADSL2+

I'd not advise pulling at any wires to be honest Smiley but don't' worry a single disconnection won't affect it, only multiple disconnections would cause issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SE
Rising Star

kk thanks
just found out that I had a reply as I never got a email  Huh
okay its 10 days today and my speed dropped from 57 to 47, even though I had no errors or drop in sync
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Our faults team will pick your ticket up and we'll be in-touch once we've tested your line.