Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upload speed

garywood84
Rising Star

Re: Fibre upload speed

Quote from: mwerle
Quote from: jelv
A one off-charge and a manual order could probably be done today with no system changes. The question was if it's that important would you be prepared to pay up front.

Considering there's no other options as of right now, yes, I'd be prepared to pay, depending on what the upfront charge would be.  Who can I talk to to get this arranged?
Thanks,
- Micha.

I'd be very surprised if there's anyone who can make this happen for you.  The problem -- as I see it -- is that if PlusNet do this, then they have no robust way of remembering to charge you again when your initial one-off payment ends.  That's why this needs to be billed monthly, if PlusNet decides that a charge is the only way to do this (see my previous posts in this thread for alternative suggestions).
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to have to re-iterate again folks. As stated we will be offering this soon as a manual process as soon as we've fixed a system problem that's preventing us from making the full upstream available.
I'll stick to my promise and update you all the very minute we make this option available.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mwerle
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Apologies, I didn't pick up on the 'we will do it as soon as we have a system issue sorted' bit - didn't mean to be pushy!
Cheers,
- Micha.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries,
Sorry to be so blunt but I've had to mention that about 4 times in this thread alone Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
garywood84
Rising Star

Thanks Adam -- there's nothing wrong with being blunt, and no need to be sorry: I don't think any of us have been subtle about our views in this thread!  Smiley
I/we appreciate your input and, as I've said previously, PlusNet's willingness to take our points on board.  I appreciate that you are only telling us the PlusNet decision on this, and that you are personally unable to over-rule this.  But, it's precisely because PlusNet is willing to take account of users' opinions that many of us have felt the need to continue discussion of this here despite your statement of position.  It's important that PlusNet knows that whilst we may be prepared to be patient and wait, we're not necessarily happy about having to do so.  I hope that is where you are able to help, by making sure that the powers that be are aware of this.
Thanks again for your input, and we'll look forward to a big announcement soon!  Smiley  Meantime, do you have anything to add on my question about whether cabinets tend to reach capacity (i.e. whether I should look to join fibre as soon as it's available, to make sure I get a connection, even though I might otherwise wait until 10Mb is available before signing up)?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
It's not that I can't personally over rule this, me and members of my team are directly involved in creating and dealing with the process for this so I know exactly what stands in the way and what we need to do to get this rolling. We may be a large business but we're a tight team here Smiley
Just thought I'd reiterate my point as discussion seemed to be sliding towards alternate ways of getting the upstream increased. No more upstream 'til we say so, OK Smiley
As per your question about cabinets that isn't something I can comment on I'm afraid.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
garywood84
Rising Star

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
It's not that I can't personally over rule this, me and members of my team are directly involved in creating and dealing with the process for this so I know exactly what stands in the way and what we need to do to get this rolling. We may be a large business but we're a tight team here Smiley
Just thought I'd reiterate my point as discussion seemed to be sliding towards alternate ways of getting the upstream increased. No more upstream 'til we say so, OK Smiley

Thanks, Adam.  If your team needs anyone to help with testing/piloting the unmentionable add-on (the one beginning with a U, involving the number 10, and coming soon!) please don't hesitate to ask those of us in this thread!
mwerle
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Sorry to be so blunt but I've had to mention that about 4 times in this thread alone Smiley

Blunt is good Smiley  Reduces the chance for misunderstandings..
In my case, I had thought that the main point people were discussing and which was holding things back was setting up the billing, and I had thought that an option was going to be the up-front fee to work around that.  I hadn't picked up that there was a blocker settings things up at all. 
Anyway, I shall be patient now!
Thanks for putting in all that effort to cater for us whingers!
Cheers,
- Micha.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

As a long term watcher of Plusnet's of things which they promise are coming soon (anyone else remember the business product refresh which took about 2 years?), if fibre was available to me and the upload speed was crucial I'd be looking else where. That Adam isn't saying it should be here by the end of the year says a lot!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
garywood84
Rising Star

Quote from: jelv
As a long term watcher of Plusnet's of things which they promise are coming soon (anyone else remember the business product refresh which took about 2 years?), if fibre was available to me and the upload speed was crucial I'd be looking else where. That Adam isn't saying it should be here by the end of the year says a lot!

Thanks, jelv.  I think (hope!) this might be being a little unfair to Adam, who has taken notice of our comments, and told us what he can.  I certainly hope that if he thought this was going to be so far away, he would have said so.  He can't commit to a date (quite sensibly -- I wouldn't in his position, given that so many of us are pushing for this, just in case) but I'm sure he'd say if he had reason to think it was a very long time away.
The trouble I have is that I really need a static IP address, and and I don't really want to have to give up my webspace.  And, so far as I can see, there are no other providers at the moment who offer a static IP and inclusive webspace.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That Adam isn't saying it should be here by the end of the year says a lot!

I think you'd be reading far too much into my comments if you gathered that. I can't even give you the slightest clue as to if it would be this week, month or year I'm afraid. I'll just reply back here when we're able to get this moving.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Exactly. If it's important to someone they need to understand that it's just as likely to be next year as next week (and the fact that you have said you would be disappointed to the suggestion that it could be next year indicates to me that this isn't that high a priority and next year at the moment is not an unreasonable expectation).
At the end of the day Plusnet have to balance the anticipated loss of users against the effort of getting it implicated. So far it looks like it will only be a handful.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)