Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade / house move query

ricmelia
Grafter

Fibre upgrade / house move query

Hi,
My cabinet is supposedly due for upgrade at the end of September this year. We're in the process of moving house (should move in November), but only round the corner - the new house is connected to the same cabinet - so we will be keeping the same phone number.
I want to avoid paying setup fees several times and/or having to pay for hardware more than once, so...
Which of the following is easier / cheaper / will cause least hassle?
1. Upgrading to fibre in my current house and then moving the fibre connection to the new house
2. Moving my existing broadband connection to the new house and then upgrading to fibre
3. Upgrading to fibre as part of the move to the new house. (This one sounds ideal as there will be a bit of downtime due to the phone number being re-assigned, but I'm not sure if you can change product as part of a house move?)
Thanks in advance,
Ric
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre upgrade / house move query

Hi there,
It looks like changing to fibre at the new address as part of the move would be a good option for you. However I'd give our guys on the house move team a call and they'll be able to help you arrange that .
Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ricmelia
Grafter

Re: Fibre upgrade / house move query

Thanks Adam,
I'll give them a call closer to the time.
Cheers,
Ric