cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre up and running, microfilter needed?

Mabel
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Fibre up and running, microfilter needed?

the BT engineer has just left and my fibre is working perfectly.
the phone is still connected to the master socket via a microfilter.
i thought this was not neccerssary as there was a filter built into the new socket.
the modem is plugged directly into the master socket.
is the speed I achiving the final speed or is there a period of line 'adapting' going on and the speed may change over the next week or so?
just curious as it is more than fast enough.
thanks for any advice.
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Fibre up and running, microfilter needed?

i thought this was not neccerssary as there was a filter built into the new socket.

You thought right. The new faceplate includes a built-in filter and it should not be necessary to use external filters on any phones.
is the speed I achiving the final speed or is there a period of line 'adapting' going on and the speed may change over the next week or so?
There is continuous line adapting on Fibre rather than the old '10 days' on ADSL. You may find that if you are one of the first fibre connections to your cabinet, that speed reduces as others get connected.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mabel
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

thanks for the info
i will remove the filter then
thanks again
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I had noise on my dect phone recently, adding an old (as in lying around unused one) adsl filter to the line fixed it. I have been on fibre since it was available in Oct last year.