cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speeds on unlimited after BT fault fix

Fiveminsalone

Fibre speeds on unlimited after BT fault fix

Hi  Smiley
I recently got PN Unlimted Fibre with an estimated line speed of 30mb. On day on install I was getting this:

However on the 10th February 2013, A BT engineer knocked out my phone line, when up a mast outside my house. This meant a dead line, meaning no phone calls in or out and no access to the internet.
Access until today has been intermittent, but I can confirm as of this morning (19th february 2013) the fault was identified and the cable running from my house to the mast has been replaced. This issue has now been resolved.
I am now receiving this:

I have received an email stating that the 14 day speed test has been completed and that my line speed is now 5mb.
I have telephoned and been advised to wait 72 hours for the line/exchange to "settle"
I am just wondering as a keen gamer (and having missed playing to the degree I cant wait to get back to playing catch up) how long this is likely to take?
Any help or advise would be appreciated.
Thanks  Cheesy
Telephone number:
01244XXXXXXX
Phone exchange:
CHESTER NORTH
Estimated line speed:
30Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2013-01-02 23:01:25
Current line speed:
5.6 Mb
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre speeds on unlimited after BT fault fix

Hi there and sorry to hear about the issue.
Please do let us know if you don't see any improvement in speeds as we'd then need to look at raising a fault for you.
Adam
PS welcome to the forum, wondering if you're into Pantera from your username? Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Fiveminsalone

Hi Adam  Cheesy
Still the same sadly given it 72 hours now  Embarrassed
and in answer to your question I am indeed a PanterA fan \m/
Here's the current speed not streaming:

And streaming from BBC iplayer:

Thankies  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear that's still a problem, I'm broken that you're connection's not working
Please don't walk because of this as I'm sure we can help you fix this and that we'll rise in your opinion and hopefully well find Strength Beyond Strength to get that sorted.
We'll Grind That Axe for a Long Time in fact as long as it's needed to get this fixed for you.
Going to advise raising a fault next: http://faults.plus.net
right, I fancy five minutes alone now because I'm shattered due to The art of shreadding (i.e mainly the kind I do with guitars in my spare time but some document shredding too) Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Fiveminsalone

Oh fantistic news I will no longer wait at the cemetery gates as since having slow net speeds ive been feeling very hollow but thanks to your advise hopefully I'll be alright
Wink
Fiveminsalone

Ps: btw nice touch made me smile hehehe