cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speeds after line fix

CustardCream

Fibre speeds after line fix

Hi,
I would like to know how long it takes a fibre broadband connection to return to its original speed after a phone line fault.
I am assuming that speeds will return to what I have had previously...
Our Fibre broadband has been great over the past year, extremely happy with a consistent 72/18mb connection (IP profile I recall was 77.4mb)
But over Christmas and New Year, our phone line developed a fault - thanks to the weather - and our phone line was all crackly.
BTOR modem had a field day with disconnections due to the noise on the line.
BTOR fixed the problem which was between the cab and the pole (corroded connections and we were switched to another copper pair)
Gradually the speeds are returning, but seem to have levelled out to 56/18 which is 20% slower than before.
My ticket [79313555] says it is with the BOT/FTTC Logged Faults/Speed pool, but have heard nothing recently.  I am assuming it is being monitored.
Speed tests over the past year http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=582323b288780836901980516b0abc17&ria=0
Current BTWholesale Test results
1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
54.82 Mbps Download Speed
67.64 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
IP Profile for your line is - 67.64 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
13.86 Mbps Upload Speed
20 Mbps    Max Achievable Speed
Maybe I'm being impatient  Roll_eyes
Thanks,  Andrew.
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fibre speeds after line fix

Hi there,
Looks like it's recently updated to 67800, which is much closer to the 72000 you've been used to. I've bumped your profile on our side so you should now be seeing speeds around that level, please let us know if that's not the case?
I'm not sure whether they'll further improve on top of that but I certainly hope so.
CustardCream

Re: Fibre speeds after line fix

Thanks Matt for that.
I'll keep an eye on it...