Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed slowed down.

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Fibre speed slowed down.

Over the last week,  I have been doing speed tests, and last week Ive been getting 57mbits via wifi.  This week my connection has not been able to get 50mbits. (wifi)
My BT profile is 66mbits.  and The ATCUAL data transfer on BT hub pages is 58mbits.  It was previously 160mbits.
Please can someone prom PN change it back?
I have previously disconnected the Modem and Router due to decorating the hall.  I have done the usual change WIFI channels as well.
Jamie
The speedtest result
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
3 REPLIES 3
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Re: Fibre speed slowed down.

Issue sorted .
BT engineer went to install someone elses fibre,  and I asked him if he could chck whats wrong.  He fiddled around the master socket and apparently a cable came loose and he said he will look at the exchange to see the speed status of my line. 
The biscuits worked  Grin
The line is running even FASTER.  and I am achieving 61 mbits via WIFI and 65mbit via Ethernet!!
So internet is faster than before!
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for letting us know. Glad to see a happy ending to that story.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

No bother!!  Wink